Rare Diseases Community

AlyR

Should I be concerned, My potassium  was 2.4 and now is 4.4. I take 2- 20mg. powder packets of potassium per day.
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? Hyperkalemia or higher-than-normal levels of potassium in the blood may be caused by an increase in total body potassium or the excess release of potassium from the cells into the bloodstream. Kidney failure, Glomerulonephritis, obstructive uropathy, tissue injury, medicine side effect, and hemolytic conditions should be ruled out. It is best that you check with your doctor for proper evaluation. Your doctor should assess your kidney function before and while you take potassium supplements. Take care and do keep us posted.
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.