Rare Diseases Community

belly button pain with nausea

A little over two years ago I began to have pain and nausea in the midddle of my stomach, intense pain, so that I was unable to sleep at night.  The pain was constant.  My insides felt like they were being shredded to pieces.  After a few days of this, it went away until about a year later.  Since that year, almost every moth or so I have had the same chronic pain in my navel region with nausea.  The only difference is that for the past 6 or so months, it has become painful to eat and drink, pass gas, have bowel movement, and to urinate.  The pain begins very intensely, then seems to dull with the exception of before and after food and drink. To add to this, I now have a burning sensation after about a week which can last for days and it is quite aggitating.  I pee frequently especially at night, and feel naseated at bedtime and in morning when I get up.  Usually in the morning, I have cramping under my right rib cage.  This last bout has been more than a week long.  I have had blood and urine tests, an upper gi, as well as numerous pelvic ultrasounds, and internal examines which has all come back as unremarkable.  Is there someone who can point me in the right medical direction.  I was in tears at the emerg last night, while being turned away in pain once again.
Welcome to the forum!
If you have any previous history of abdominal surgery, then I would say your symptoms are due to adhesions. These will not come up in any routine tests except for laparotomy.
If there has been no history of any surgery then it could be food intolerance like lactose allergy, gluten allergy (Celiac disease), allergy to citrus fruits etc. For this you would need to keep a stress diary and note daily food intake along with symptoms.
The other possibilities are Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, or IBS. A number of times a gastroenterologist is able to diagnose these conditions by clinical examination and detailed medical history. At other times blood tests to rule out anemia, stool test to look for white blood cells, sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy etc are carried out for confirmed diagnosis.
It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. You need a comprehensive investigation taking all these points in consideration. Please consult a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system). Take a second opinion if you have already consulted one. Hope this helps. Take care!
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?