STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Just diagnosed with vaginal warts

Hi all. I am a 32 yr old female and was diagnosed with vaginal warts two weeks ago. I have only slept with two people in my life so I know who gave it to me. I am sad and depressed because my ob made me feel like a **** and didn't really say anything except that I shouldn't have slept around and that I shouldn't have sex ever again. She subscribed aldara .5% cream and in have been using this med for a week now. I have severe itching and more warts have showed up on my labia and around the lips of my vagina. I don't know how long it takes for this cream to work. I just want the warts gone. My question is will they go away and how long does it take for this med to work? Does HPV last forever?? I am sad because I want to get married and have children. I am so sad that this happened to me. I don't know who to talk to. Please help. Any info would be appreciated. Thank u.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi and welcome. It would be best to post this in the HPV forum as is specific.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.