Schizophrenia Community
921 Members

my meds cost stoo much

hey I was just wondering if there is a cheaper antipsych than what im on. Im on abilify and a small dosage at that (5mg), I work two jobs and my full time job is where I get my health insurance. Now I am gonna upgrade my insurance from basic too the best one possible I can get but what would you guys recommend I do cause my abilify is $ 400 a month.
It can difficult to find good insurance but one option is the Medicaid Buy in for Working People with Disabilities. Google it and see if its in your state. You may be within the limits of it. There are other options as well. You could find out more information at your local independent living center. There's one in every county of every state:
http://www.ilru.org/html/publications/directory/index.html