Stress Community

Feeling lost and alone - any advice appreciated

I was recently signed off work for stress due to work. The thing is, i feel anxious and stressed about everything. I spend half of my time angry and feeling let down and the other half crying  and upset because no-one understands and most importantly, because I really can't figure out what's wrong with me. I want to boyfriend to help me but I don't know how he can, and even if I knew what I need, I wouldn't know how to verbalise it.

I feel like my life is out of control and I can't function. I have no motivation to go for a walk,or do exercise but I feel like im wasting my life away just sitting around doing nothing waiting to get better. I feel like a hindrance to everyone and i just want to feel normal and be happy again.

Please, can someone point me in the right direction, what can I do?
I find the same happens to me (even if i am young!) i've had to take tones of time off school, as I'm not in the fit state to do my gcse's -_- The thing I mainly do is to go for walks. Not just any walks though; really long ones down the country-side and take a camera. Take photo's of everything you can and really, really try hard to think about the beauty of them all. Do this ALONE!!! You may think that it will make you feel more alone, but trust me you'll reach inner-peace and find a happy place - it works for everybody.

I hope you can reach happiness soon :3 <3
You are being very hard on yourself.. I am the same way [If I'm not burning the candle at both ends and in the middle, I'm wasting time]. But the same thing happened to me, and it took me a long time to relax about it. You will find your path and where you are supposed to be.
It took me a long time to learn this, but figure out what you want. It sounds easy... but write it down [sounds dumb].. every night, be thankful for the day you've had, what you've learned and how it will contribute to what you will have. Slowly you will see why you are going through this learning stage, it is to get to where you need to be.
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference...
I know it's very uncertain in these times, but you have a very determined personality that will assure that you end up in the place you want to be.
If you really feel like you're in a funk so bad you cant come out of it, you can always try a short term anxiety/anti depress or therapist session and see if that helps. I'm a big fan of acupuncture and medical massage therapy.
Start out slow, don't force yourself to workout and do things that will further physically tire you. Your body has a physical response to stress too. Try to first accept your feelings about it without the worry and anxiety attached to it. Start focusing on positive things, pets, positive people and people that can remind you to be positive, and go from there. Do things you like to do to help you relax and help get your mind to a more relaxed state...
If you need someone to talk to, let me know [can you tell youre not alone : )
Take care of yourself!!
You need to grab a hold of these feelings and change them. yours is a mental challenge!

Try talking to yourself, positive, watching funny and inspiring movies! Get yourself walking and exersise whether you feel like it or not. listen to music and sounds of nature!

sit in a park and listen to the birds etc.

dont be alone. be with family and friends and enjoy life!

cheers
I fully understand where you are coming from.  As a nurse you would think I know better and would get some help but I'm terrified of being labeled "crazy" so just try to ignore the fact I feel so alone with my feelings of depression.  I always give 110% at work and then get told I'm the "picky nurse."  I was fixing all the med errors until I got told by my supervisor that "you really have to go looking deep to find those." And, it wasn't appreciated that I wanted her to tell others to just "do their jobs right."  So I stopped fixing them/looking for them to fix and now she is in trouble with higher ups.  It just depresses me so.  So far the depession subsides after I have a few days off work but the night I have to go back it starts to build all day long in anticipation.  I think the only cure is to change jobs but we all know how hard that is today.  Trust me, I've been looking for almost a year now and no luck. Please know yo are not alone and if your depression doesn't lift in a few days you really must go to a doctor. Thinking of you!