Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Near black out or something else?

So yesterday I went through a huge amount of stress e.g. had a serious argument. I also have anxiety so I couldn't stop thinking about it which makes things a lot worse because of this I was breathing very heavily and holding my breathe in anger  and during this I bent over the bath to pull the plug out and blow my nose (as it was blocked) and my eye went sort of black, not completely it was like I could see the black around the outline of my eye growing in towards the center and my face felt weird I can't describe it. Was this just stress or could I have something wrong with my brain.
4 Responses
Id say it was just due to the stress. Rush of adrenaline because of the row ect. Might be worth getting your iron levels checked and blood pressure but its nothing serious.  This happens to me alot.
well,,,don't hold your breath and blow your nose and bend over either...your causing blood to rush to your brain when you bend over (head motion down,,gravitational pull), cutting off the airflow while your blood is circulating and yes, your BPM was prly high due to the stress causing the blood pressure to be even greater.  most people prly would have ended up with a bloody nose in this situation.
Would this cause any effects on the brain?
It may have been but I wanted to get it double checked just in case it wasn't.

You are reading content posted in the Stress Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.