Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Lump behind ear

the other day my friend noticed dried blood behind my right ear. not sure if i nicked my skin or something, i don't remember doing it. but now it has swollen up and hurts a lot on and around the lump and i am having pain in my ear canal also. the lump is a little bigger then a pea. i can't see it, since it's along the bone behind my ear, so my fiance had a look at it and says it's red and looks infected.

i also have a lump on the left side of my pelvis, which is also red and sore and my fiance says its starting to go purple. i've been having a lot of pain down my left leg (down the middle of my thigh to my knee), and i'm not sure if it's from the lump or if it's something separate.
SEE A DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY ABOUT THIS!!!!!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Red and sore lumps are generally boils, which can be very painful. It can be due to staphylococcal skin infections. If your blood sugar is high as in diabetes, then too you can get recurrent boils.
You can treat this by applying a warm cloth to the area. This encourages the pus to come to the surface and drain. Once the boil has drained, the area should be washed with antibacterial soap and an antibacterial cream applied and kept dry, bandaged and sterile.  It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do consult your doctor preferably a skin specialist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

the doctor told me it was a bug bite. it is very itchy and swollen now. and the lump on my pelvis is an abscess.