Urology Community

Kidney or bladder problem?

I have been suffering with mild to moderate lower abdominal pain for approx one year now. I have had a colonoscopy and gynecological scans, which were fine. Then about 6 weeks ago, I noticed that I had blood in my urine. The doctor sent a sample to the lab and it showed a small amount of protein and pus and a large amount of blood. But there was no infection present. I was then sent for an ultrasound of my urinary tract. It showed my right kidney is enlarged and working hard. I had by this time started to get some discomfort in my right side and lower back. Since then, you can feel a swelling in that area and now the left side has started to hurt too. It also has some swelling there, but not as much as the right side.
I am constantly tired, fell sick and have discomfort in my sides, back and lower abdomen.
the ultrasound did show some granular sized stones, but the health professionals have all said that they are too small to be causing the problem.
I am waiting for an appointment with urology.
Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong with me?
I have found all sorts of things, but nothing fits the symptoms 100%??
If the ultrasound scans have shown some problem with the kidney then you should get kidney function tests done to rule out kidney causes which seem to be responsible for all your symptoms. My sincere advice is to consult a nephrologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for your reply. I have been referred to a urologist, so hopefully my appointment will come through soon.  Thanks again for the reply.