Urology Community

Pain left kidney area when urinating with full bladder?

I am a 61 year old male and have been suffering with a pain in my left kidney area for a number of years. The pain starts when I need to urinate with a very full bladder i.e when there is no toilet available and I have to retain.
When urinating my flow is very poor and that's when the pain starts, which I believe maybe something to do with my problem. I recently had an ultrasound test on my kidneys and bladder, kidneys were reported to be ok with no evidence of stones. There was concern that my bladder was not emptying fully after I urinated, think they said my bladder had 200ml urine retained.
I also had a bladder cystoscopy two weeks ago and an enlarged prostate was confirmed for which I was prescribed Combodart medication.

My concern is the pain that I am getting in my kidney area, no one seems to know the reason for this, so my question is any ideas what could be causing this?