Aa
A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss & Dieting Community
7.65k Members

Can't lose weight anymore?

Hi! I am 4"11" and currently 138 lbs. I want to lose lbs and get into my normal weight which is 120. I used to be in the army and been out for 10 months and gained 18 lbs since then. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I run 20 miles a week on the treadmill and eat as healthy as I can be. Is there anything I need to take as supplement that can help me lose lbs or fasten my metabolism? It seems like I am gaining most of the weight in my midsection. Help
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi there,
Losing weight needs lot of patience and determination.Midsectiion is the commonest area to gain weight. The ideal aim should be to lose about half kg per week or two kg in a month Diabetes mellitus, worm infestations and hyperthyroidism are other conditions which can make one hungry several times a day. If you have increased appetite you may need to discuss the above mentioned possibilities with your doctor. A. I suggest you to eat frequent small meals and eat lots of fruits and non-starchy green veggies, go slow on fats, eat carbohydrates in moderation and increase your protein intake. For weight loss burning more calories will result in weight loss. Physical activity is important for burning calories. Aerobic activities will have the greatest impact on calorie burning. Consider your choices based on your fitness level and your interests.
Best luck and regards!
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.