Weight Loss Alternatives Community

Exercise and Eating right but NOT losing weight

I was wondering if ANYONE has any advice for me. I have been trying to lose about 5-10lbs over the last year. I am 31 years old , 4'8" and weigh 101 lbs. I used to weight between 89 and 94lbs at the most!
I am pretty atheltic. I ran a marathon a few years ago and shortly after that is when I gained the weight. I have been training for half marathons (I ran one in April 2006) so I have been keeping the cardio up with running 3-4 days during the week and then 5-10 miles on the weekends.
Recently I got so frustrated that I went to a dietitican. She claimed that I needed to rev up my workouts by doing interval training and then eating more protein and more times of the day.

For the last two months, I have been eating 5 times a day (about 1000-1200 calories) Each meal has protein and carbs and I get my 5 a day fruits and veggies.
I do cardio 5 days a week (3 days are interval training for 45 min--60 seconds at 65% target heart rate and 60 second 85% target heeart rate) The other 2 days of cardio are a 45 minute dance class and then a weekend long distance run that lasts between 1-2 hours. I also weight train 3 days a week. 1 days lower body and two days upper body.

My body fat has increased and my pants size has increased. Why can't I lose the weight or at least the body fat? Does anyone have advice for me?
I would understand that you have actually had the test done to measure fat on the body.  One little fact is this.  Once you get around 30 our metabolism slows down and we do have to rev it up a bit.  However, I would really watch the food intake.  Protein is great but it can also be very high in fat and calories.  

I also have about 10 pounds to lose.  I am 5'2" so I know what 10 pounds can do.  i recently discovered a site that could help you a lot and it's free.  It's call sparkpeople.com.  I've lost 5 pounds using there advice.  They have great forums there and experts that pipe in to help you.

I obviously am not an expert but I would bet that you're actually eating more than you think.  On this site you keep track of everything going into your body.  give it a try!  I was eating almost 2000 calories a day and I thought I was keeping track just fine.

now I eat 6 egg whites for breakfast, gave up milk and lots of carbs and feel great.  I hope you try it.
You are fine just the way you are you are not over weight. All you have to do is watch what you are eating to not get over weight. You ought to be glad and thanking god that you are not fatt just be happy that you are that size you are. People like me need to be stressed out on weight loss I am 215lbs 5ft 7 with a family history of high blood pressure diabetes and no telling what else. JUST BE HAPPY
Thanks for the advice everyone. I am counting calories with a food diary and eating only lean protein (skinless chicken mostly). I am eating bewtween 1000 and 1200 calories a day.  I will check out the website too.  10lbs on a short person can look like 20-30 on a taller person.
I feel for you.
I work out 2 hrs 30 every day .
I last hope . I purchased Glocofast from the net.
Check it out . Maybe this might ring your bell.
Let me know your take on this.
What is Glocofast?
Have you considered that you might be taking in too few calories (you're saying you're eating between 1000-1200 calories a day)?  As active as you are, you might need to be eating additional calories.  Once you restrict calories too much your metabolism slows down.  You have to remember that your body naturally burns calories without you doing anything (resting metabolic rate).  Since you are weight lifting you have to take in additional calories to aid in building muscle.  When adding calories, you should still eat healthy foods (lean meats, veggies/fruits, and carbs)

I suggest you research how many calories you should be eating daily for weight lifting and weight loss.  You also might want to find out your resting metabolic rate.  There are a lot of good sites on the internet that can help you in finding information.