Weight Loss Alternatives Community

Still fat

I am 27 and have been fat about 25 of those years. I am going to get the B12 shots in May and would love to hear some  others feelings on the shot. I hope this is the success that i have heard of(have already tried every other diet in the world).
This is how I went from 250 pounds to 110 pounds.  I began by finding out just what kind of healthy diet I needed to be on just to stay healthy. I take one good multi-vitamin every day. I began eating healthy well balanced meals without regard to calories or portions. I ate 6 meals each day. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. I began walking in an aerobic manner.  That is, just fast enough that I had to breathe through my mouth.  That wasn't very fast at first.  At first I walked only to the end of the block and back. I gave my body 6 weeks to adjust to the healthy diet and exercise program.  At the end of 6 weeks I gave up sodas and all caffeine products and diet supplements.  No aspartame, no Splenda, etc.  Giving those up was the toughtest thing about this "diet".  It was a withdral I wasn't expecting, but I did it.  I also began drinking alot of water.  I didn't like the water alone, so I put flavors like lemon or orange juice in the water.  It gave me vitamin C and was healthy.  It took getting use to, but I like it now. After 8 weeks I was feeling better, had more energy and was sleeping well.  It was time to reduce my calories.  I figured out how many calories I was eating each day and reduced that figure by 100 calories every two weeks until I was down to 2000 calories per day.  When I stopped losing weight, I reduced that intake by 100 cal each 2 weeks until I was eating the number of calories it takes to maintain the weight I wanted.  I stayed with that many calories.  I ate a healthy diet of whatever I wanted, but didn't go over the calorie limit. I walk 3 miles a day now and have more energy than I know what to do with. It took me many years to gain that weight and 3 years to lose it, but here I am  140 pounds thinner.  I have been this way now for 8 years.  It took you all your life to get fat, you won't get thin overnight on some oddball diet fad and stay there.  Good luck
bravo to star queen: she made clear what it takes to lose weight. Take in fewer calories than you burn. It's that simple; and that hard. Despite the fact that by reading this forum you'd think B12 is some sort of miracle easy way out, it's not. It's completely unscientific and when studied in actual studies has been found to be essentially useless. Eat less, exercise more. By whatever means, whether it's a particular diet, self-control, or, in some cases, surgery. Ain't no magic bullet. Or shot.
Thank you for all your comments. My story is this. I recently became a stay at home mom and it seems to do wonders for the heart but not the body. I have gained weight and despite me telling myself you are getting fatter and fatter, i have no motavation. I am wishful in saying the shot may give the energy i need and want. I supose I am considered lazy, but after the house work, play time, and all the other odds and ends I just want to sit down awhile. I despartly want to change this about myself but am not strong enough to do it on my own. Again I say thank you and if anyone knows about a "fat" support group I could use someone to talk to.
I lost almost 50 pounds before my first child the old fashion way!  Watching what I ate, exercising and again... watching what I put in my mouth.  Then i became a stay at home mom, which i wanted to do, and watched the pounds slip back on.  First pregnancy weight, then snacks with the toddler, stress, not enough sleep, another baby and then more stress... my father died when my baby was 21/2 months old.  I decided after his death to get my butt in gear again and I lost almost all the weight and only had 10 more to go but I came to a stand still and my weight wouldn't budge.  Is it because I'm almost 9 years older than when i first lost all the weight.  I don't know.  But I've been struggling with 15 pounds for 3 years.  15 may not seem to bad but it is to me.  I started trying all the pills, they don't work, and believe it or not my body wants the pills for energy,  There is a definate difference being on a pill and not being on a pill.  But i'm opting to not take another one and just get my ass in gear and do it.

Take each day at a time.  It took me 3 years to lose 50 pounds and for the most part I kept it off even through 2 babies and staying home ( which is a completely different lifestyle, there'
s alot  of food in this  house).

do what you feel you need to do to get that first jump start.  Queeny was fantastic!  Listen to her!  It's the safest way to lose the weight!

Best of luck!
I remember the days of being a stay-at-home mom.  It was great and terrible.  After a while the house closes in on you and you are grumpy and want to pull your hair out.  You scream at the kids and don't care about the house anymore.  You stop making yourself up and just sit and eat. The more you eat, the less you do, the more you gain, the worse you feel. What you need is not a shot in the butt, but you need to get out of the house and meet people. It should be around the time you feel like running out of the house and grabbing the first adult you see and say "talk to me about anything that doesn't concern kids".  GET OUT OF THE HOUSE.  There are sooo many things you can do.  They don't have to cost alot, either.  You can take the kids to the library for story time (free).  Lots of other moms there.  You can go to a "mommyandme" class where the kids get to have fun and the mommys meet and talk to other stressed out adults.  There is always the park or the zoo where the kids can run and wear themselves out. Take them to a parade, or walk the malls.  Alot of malls have play areas where you can meet others and have a nice chat. Museums have hands on stuff to do. Join a playgroup that meets at the park or other public places.  We have a local free paper called "Parents" that has what is going on locally for kids that are free, or low cost, or high cost.  It has mountains of stuff to go out and do that is for fun or is educational. When you get out there and do something that is fun for Mommy and the kids, your depression will be reduced, you will eat less and you will find energy again without shots or pills.  Give yourself a chance.