A
A
Close
Weight Loss Alternatives Community
7.25k Members

The correct spelling of the medication

I just wanted you to correctly spell the drug topamax.  Thanks
3 Responses
Topamax is the common name for Topiramate, an anticonvulsant given to prevent tonic-clonic seizures.  If that is the drug you ar looking for, you spelled it correctly.
Yes I take topamax for migraines, and now at 100 mg 2 times a day my migraines are almost completely stopped, and I am more than grateful.  It took many weeks to get on the proper dosage because of the many side effects, however it was worth every one of them.  My neurologist told me that some people experience significant weight loss on this medication once on their maintenace dose.  I am beginning to experience that.  It happens to be one of those good side effects in my case.  I follow my physicians recommendations to the letter concerning medication.  It's good to have this web site to check in to.
2217602 tn?1339451508
Hi There, What would be this web-site to check into? I just started with this medication for my migraines, but would love that side effect..That would be a plus for me..
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.