BC pills for irregular period

Hi. I’m on my 9th day of menstruation, is it still ok to take BC pills? When would i expect my next period? Thanks
COMMUNITY LEADER
So, what do you mean?  Are you on birth control pills now?  Or are you trying to decide when to start them for the first time?  
Trying to decide when to start another brand for the first time. Is it safe to start even on 9th or 10th day? When would i expect my next period after finishing the pack? Thanks
COMMUNITY LEADER
Oh, I see your other question and remember now. Sorry!  I do think since you still have a period, you can start the mini pill now.  They say you aren't safe it is 5 days after your last menstrual period or more but you are still menstruating.  If you want to be REALLY safe, use back up birth control until a full cycle.  

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community