Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.7k Members

Constant Urinary Tract Infections and Urine Odor

I am having Consistent Urinary Tract Infection, this has been happening now for two years or more. The UTI's are happen a month apart. I have seen my doctor many times who just prescribes antibiotics. Also my urine smells like it's been sitting for a month (stale and high odor) when its just came out of me.
Please help!!!
1 Responses
Are you sure they are urinary tract infections?  Every month for a year??  I get my share of uti's chronically, but over the past few months they havent been full fledged.  I wasnt experiencing the burning feeling at the end of relieving my bladder after a while.  I just was having urinary tract like symptoms. There was enough bacteria in there to irritate my bladder, but would show up negative via cultures.  You may look in to kidney stones. They can be small and give similar effects or google interstitial cystitis, which is a condition I'm still in the process of figuring out if i have it.  This is also consistant with uti like symptoms and certain things in your diet as well as sex can irritate the bladder.  You made need to map out a plan or if it really is chronic uti's consider asking your ob/gyn to put you on a constant antibiotic to help kill the bacteria.  You may also then need to use something else to help with yeast since antibiotics are notorious for causing yeast infections.  I know this is frusturating, believe me!  I almost want to be a man.  But then again there is also something beautiful about the complexity of women. Hang in there!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.