I found a lump

Hi, Tonight while I was in the shower (3-3-10)
I was giving myself the monthly check around my pelvis bone and stomach.
I do this every month to see if anything was different. Well tonight I checked my stomach and everything was fine then when I moved lower to my pelvis area like right above the one part of the vagina that holds the hair and the lips.....(this is really embarrassing sorry). Well I was feeling around and I felt a lump. It's never been there before, I moved to the other side and nothing. O moved back and it was still there. I tried to move it around to see if it would move but it was solid and moved slightly but in the same place. I can't make it to the doctor because my husband works and we don't have the money right now at this moment anyways.
So can someone help at least ideas of what it could be.
Thank you so much
Don't be embarrassed. It's a legitimate question.  

You said the lump was on one side.  An obvious possibility for a one-sided lump would be infection of one of the two Bartholin's glands. Google it, note the location, and see if that might be what you have.