Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.2k Members

Monthly Period shorten and odor smell

So ever since I had my last child which was 1 year ago when I get my period it has this strong sewer smell , my period lasts about 3 days which is normal to me but this last time it only lasted one day and the blood looks darker help please ???
3 Responses
973741 tn?1342346373
COMMUNITY LEADER
Ugh, sorry to hear.  Okay, weird question.  Any chance you could have an old tampon in there?  Check.  You might as those are symptoms of it.  
134578 tn?1517087675
Sweetheart, it is either a lost tampon or you have an infection. Bacterial vaginitis can smell like that. Please see your doctor really soon. You don't want an untended infection in that area.
Maybe It is however my period stopped for one day and came back again after I tried searching for a tampon... but I’ve got an appointment with my doctor on Monday we will see what she says
1 Comments
Be sure to get swabbed for BV.
Have an Answer?
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.