Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.5k Members

Please help! Internal pain during intercourse, what is it?

Hey everyone... This is an issue that has been driving me crazy the past few months.....Some background info; I am a 19 year old female. I have been having sex with my boyfriend since October 2015 - It was not until November 2015 that I began experiencing these symptoms. He is rather large in size.
*I should also include the fact that I began taking prozac about a week before my symptoms started - which has led me to believe this may have been the cause. However, I stopped taking the prozac roughly 3 weeks after I started, and the pain has persisted.

Anyway, here's the problem. I have a deep stinging/burning sensation when my boyfriend enters me during intercourse, which has progressed to a harsher pain which seems to be located at the left inner wall of my vagina. The pain is very uncomfortable, and although it isn't unbearable, I find myself holding my breath and biting my lip to get through the initial penetration. The pain goes away after a few thrusts, and as I begin to get wetter. I have gone to 3 doctor's appointments regarding this pain since early November 2015, when the pain started. Prior to this issue, I had a UTI which was healed by antibiotics. During the first appointment I made, the doctor suggested it was a yeast infection. She gave me an antibiotic for that... Weeks later, the pain was still there. The next appointment I made was with a gynecologist who did a pelvic exam and found nothing unusual - did another urine test for UTI, there was nothing. So.... weeks later I decided to get a pelvic sonogram, hoping they'd see something. Once again, nothing. By this point I was really upset, considering I was still experiencing the pain. I made an appointment the next day with the nurse practitioner. She did another pelvic exam and did a culture test for STD'S. Everything turned out fine, besides an overflow of bacteria which I was given antibiotics for. The nurse listened to my symptoms really well when I told them to her, and she told me she was sure it was just dryness. I expressed my concern about vulvodynia or vaginitis to her, and she said that was ridiculous and I didn't have that. Because my pain was only during intercourse, it was likely to be dryness.....So since taking the antibiotics for the overflow of bacteria, I have experienced less dryness for sure... however, the deep pain in the left wall is still there!!!
My boyfriend and I have even tried to refrain from having sex for 2 weeks at a time, and the pain has still been there afterwards. I am at a loss for what may be causing this pain/stinging sensation... Although I am not dealing with dryness anymore, Is it possible the pain could have been caused by my boyfriend going "too hard" at a time when I was dry, and it still has not healed? Do you think that If I refrained from sex for another 2+ weeks this issue would be healed??

Looking for some serious insight. Thank you so much!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.