Symptoms of ovarian cancer

My sister went to the hospital about a year ago for abdominal pain and swelling. She had been dealing with the pain for weeks, the swelling on the other hand was only present for a couple of days. They decided to do a CAT Scan. They found that she had 3 cysts on her ovary, and that the cysts had grown a vein over to her kidney which had developed a blood clot in it. She has been started on blood thinners, and told she has Deep Vein Thrombosis.

Well, now almost a year later she is having all the same symptoms. I have done research and found that there seems to be a connection between Deep Vein Thrombosis and cancer. Knowing this I asked her again about her symptoms, and she has all the symptoms of ovarian cancer and has had them for a little while before they found the DVT. If anyone has any ideas on what kind of tests she should ask to have run, or just any ideas at all for that matter I would really appreciate the help. Thank You.

I also think it is important to mention that the E.R. doctor she saw a year ago was very worried. He told her where there is smoke there is fire. He took a lot of blood to run test. For some reason those tests never made it to her primary care physician. So still no answers, and her primary told her as far as he was concerned there were not tests that could be done to check for cancer, and he would not do anything. She will be seeing a different doctor this time. Thank you again.