A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.8k Members
15502626 tn?1440995270

Why are my periods so irregular?

I started my period the summer before 8th grade, so I was 13 or 14. I'm 17 now, almost 18, and I've only had 4 or 5 periods since my very first one. They've been really irregular, and I haven't had one since last May. I am sexually active, but I've only been sexually active since February of THIS year. It doesn't matter at this moment, but I'm really afraid I won't be able to get pregnant one day, because I really want to, and that's a HUGE sign of infertility. Someone please help? Thank you...
1 Responses
973741 tn?1342342773
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there and welcome.  It is really VERY normal and quite common to be irregular during the teen years.  Have no fear.  It is not indicative of your future ability to get pregnant or not.  When the time comes that you are trying, you can discuss with your doctor being irregular and come up with a plan.  good luck
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.