amenorrhea

I have been going through amenorrhea for a couple of years now.  I never had a regular period since I started having periods at the age of 17, so at first I didn't think anything of it.  But when I started being concerned about it (after not having my period for about a year) they told me that my prolactin levels were too high and that I had prolactinoma and a mass around my pituitary gland.  The endocrinologist put me on bromocriptine which got rid of the mass and lowered my prolactin levels and my period returned, but only when I kept on the medicine.  This medicine made me sick and I stopped taking it and started looking for a natural alternative.  I found Maca and started on that, I had a VERY heavy period that month and after that nothing again, so I switched to Vitex, which did nothing for me.  I just started seeing a obgyn and she ran a bunch of blood tests and mri's and whatnot.  They all came back "normal".  So there should be nothing wrong right?  Wrong, I am still not having my period.  The obgyn put me on the generic for provera for 10 days and now I am on my period (day 1).  

My question is, if my hormones and everything are "normal" why is the generic provera helping me have my period and is there anything that I can take/do to help my period come on its own?
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.