amenorrhea

I have been going through amenorrhea for a couple of years now.  I never had a regular period since I started having periods at the age of 17, so at first I didn't think anything of it.  But when I started being concerned about it (after not having my period for about a year) they told me that my prolactin levels were too high and that I had prolactinoma and a mass around my pituitary gland.  The endocrinologist put me on bromocriptine which got rid of the mass and lowered my prolactin levels and my period returned, but only when I kept on the medicine.  This medicine made me sick and I stopped taking it and started looking for a natural alternative.  I found Maca and started on that, I had a VERY heavy period that month and after that nothing again, so I switched to Vitex, which did nothing for me.  I just started seeing a obgyn and she ran a bunch of blood tests and mri's and whatnot.  They all came back "normal".  So there should be nothing wrong right?  Wrong, I am still not having my period.  The obgyn put me on the generic for provera for 10 days and now I am on my period (day 1).  

My question is, if my hormones and everything are "normal" why is the generic provera helping me have my period and is there anything that I can take/do to help my period come on its own?
That is perplexing that you are still not having periods IF the pituitary mass is still shrunken and your prolactin levels are still normal. Have you been checked for a thyroid disorder? The endocrine system can be short-circuited by any abnormality so it would seem that your thyroid could have been affected by the prolactinoma. A thyroid panel including TSH, Free T3, Free T3, and antibodies would be needed to give a full picture of thyroid health. A lot of doctors tend to only look at the TSH when those other levels are also important.

Another fairly common cause of missed periods is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). Has that been ruled out?