clitoral hood abscess

On 2-9 I had sex for the first time in a month.  The next night in the shower I felt a very tiny bump left side above the hood. Noticed but not overly concerned at that moment.  By day 5 it had grown to size of pea and been that way since.  It hurts when I wipe that area and I have a weird smell.  panties bother it too so I'm grateful when work is over so I can get home and let her breathe. I've had a hot washcloth on it for about 15 minutes now & it seems like the swelling is going down? Any thoughts on what could be going on down here?
It can be a boil or a cyst. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. . Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection. Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle. Treatment includes antibiotics and incision and drainage and do not touch or pick them up. Also apply warm compresses on the lump. If however the symptoms persist then get lymphadenopathy ruled out from your doctor.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Well it's gotten worse since my post.  Bigger and now it hurts.  I can see the center and it looks like it'll come to a head very soon.  Do you think soaking in some hot water with epsom salt will help until I get to the doctor?
According to everything I have read it will.  Soak in hot water with Epsom salt.  It should help bring it to a head or use Epsom salt compresses for the same effect.