Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.7k Members

mensturation during pregnancy

If i fertilize in a particular month, will my periods stop from that month only or they may happen for some time?
4 Responses
well if your menstrual period ever stops you can be considered possibly pregnant and it won't come back till after labor.Although sometimes as much as you wanna try getting fertilized a specific month it can take a while depends if your ovulating or not.
Some women do menstrate during pregnancy but it isnt very common at all. Usually you stop the whole 9 months and bleed again until after labor.
Like me i am an unlucky person who bleeds through pregnancy plus my body doesn't produce that pregnancy hormone very well so with my daughter i didn't find out i was pregnant till i was 18 weeks my tests all came back negative and i didn't have symptoms like morning sickness or nuasea i did have bloating once in a while and just thought it was my period
973741 tn?1342346373
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes, some women have cyclic bleeding although it is not menstruation.  Menstruation is the shedding of the uterine lining and you can't do that when pregnant.  But you can have hormonal bleeding.  It is generally early in pregnancy though and not heavy like a true period.  good luck
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.