vagina smells like body odor

hi im 18 years old and every 2 or 3 days after the last day of my period, there's this white substance that i secrete. when it dries up its crusty and a light yellow. when it's really hot and i'm sweaty, it smells like armpit odor.

i remember way before that i got checked and the doctor said i had this slight urinary tract infection and gave me meds and then i had dark urine. it's gone for a while but it was back again.

i did my research and i saw that vaginal secretions were okay and a way to cleanse.but its really bothersome if it smells like body odor

also, these secretions start out as a few/light but as my period time gets near, these secretions really get heavy like super wet.

how do i treat this? is this normal? its very hard to move around like open your legs at times when this odor is very apparent
I'd suggest seeing your gynecologist, or even your doctor again, to check for a UTI or a reoccurring infection. My family is very prone to UTI's, but we've never talked about an odor of the one you have. It may just be your personal scent, but because you've had a history of UTIs, it would be wise to check again and ask about a long-term solution.  

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community