Aa
A
A
Close
Addison's Disease Community
Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.
1 - 20 (of 190) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi I just took the acth stimilation test and went for results my doc still hasnt gone over them but I only have a family doctor. My morni...
2 answers |
Hi all - I'm curious as to how many others who have Addison's or other type of adrenal insufficiency also experience shortness of bre...
10 answers | 4 comments |
4849766 tn?1391042293
Congratulations rumpled- thank you for your service as a CL!  Please take a moment to reach out to rumpled, and give a shout out for ...
12778343 tn?1427211122
I have secondary adrenal deficiency due to pituitary injury. I've been taking 5mg prednisone in the morning and 5mg Cortef at noon. Nor...
1 answer |
I have MS and over 3 years was given large doses of steroids {including 1,500 mg of steroids by infusion over 3 days twice } for uveitis...
6 answers |
Does anyone else with Primary Addisons have normal BP before taking any morning Medication I have had Primary Addisons for 7 years now ...
1 answer |
Hi, I was diagnosed with dysautonomia (POTS more specifically) a few months ago and have had symptoms for two and a half years. My di...
1 answer |
12778343 tn?1427211122
I take 5mg prednisone at 6 AM, and 150mcg T4 at 10 PM. But if I exercise, I have to take an additional dose of 10 Mcg of T3 and 2.5 or 5...
1 answer | 1 comment |
12778343 tn?1427211122
Rumpled mentions many times that the blood draw must be into a chilled container and iced immediately. When my ACTH was drawn, I told th...
1 answer |
I have the ACTH test and a 24 hour urine scheduled, but it will be weeks before I receive results. My morning cortisol level was 4.4. T...
1 answer |
if you have darkened back of the hands and arms, and your face and neck, and your toes, Do you need to also have darkened gums to actuall...
1 answer |
Can someone please help me am very scared , and tensed .. From last 8 months am not feeling good in janvary , suddenly i felt extremly hu...
9 answers | 2 comments |
hey, can you please help me, am very scared , my acth plasma is high which is 71.20 pg/ml but my cortisol level is normal . morning is 1...
4 answers | 1 comment |
My mom has Addison's disease and her PCP has been prescribing her medication. Her hydrocortisone and synthroid. Her PCP just dropped her ...
2 answers | 1 comment |
Hi, I am really hoping someone can help me. I feel like I am losing my mind! I have auto-immune hypothyroidism and iron deficiency ana...
1 answer |
Hello. I’m 28 and have had symptoms of hyperthyroid all of my life including anxiety/nervousness, excessive sweating, rapid increase in h...
2 answers |
I have all the signs of Addison's disease, doctor just haven't gone there yet with a diagnoses. Are low vitamin levels a sign of Addison'...
1 answer |
I have just been diagnosed with herpes. I also have Addison's disease...anyone else out there like me? I'm at a loss for what to say I'm ...
1 answer |
I am 49 and have both addisons and multiple sclerosis. I was diagnosed with MS 20 years ago and addisons 2 years ago. Does any one else h...
6 answers |
I am 34 and a wife and a mother and I was diagnosed with MS at 25 2 weeks after I got married. The MS was very aggressive the first 8 to ...
1 answer |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addison's Disease Community Resources