Aa
A
A
Close

Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community

WELCOME to the ATRIAL SEPTAL DEFECT COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) which is a hole in the part of the septum that separates the atria (the upper chambers of the heart). This hole allows oxygen-rich blood from the left atrium to flow into the right atrium instead of flowing into the left ventricle as it should. This means that oxygen-rich blood gets pumped back to the lungs, where it has just been, instead of going to the body.

1 - 20 (of 77) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello I went to the doctor with chest pains and shortness in breath. All of a sudden my heart started beating really fast and after that I've had chest pains for almost 2 weeks. Here is my ekg readings. Please help me interpret them.htt...
Yrmed | Last answer
Is there anybody who had ASD closure with amplatzer device and had issues afterwards? I have 26mm amplatzer device implanted 8 yrs ago (in 2007) when i was 24 and now doctors are telling me that the device is eroding my aorta and open h...
amplatzervictim | Last answer
I am a 28 year female with a 2cm ASD and the cardiologists are suggesting open heart surgery. They ruled me out for robotic surgery. Any other options that are safe?
positivethoughts7 | Last answer
Hello. I have a 7mm ASD and was told to have it closed through cardiac cath surgery? Thanks for the help.
Mandyb1 | Posted
Hello. I have a question about asd sinus venosus defect. On tte there was just a suspicion about a small sinus venosus. I am very afraid of tee. So i wonder if there is any chance to make cardiac mri and if it has to be with or without ...
kai8 | Posted
Dear All / Sirs My Name is Sibtain Raza Somji from karachi, recently I came to know from Cardio ECO Report that my baby (4 months old) has affected from ASD (size 4mm), doctor advise me that by the time she grows the hole will be fil...
sibtainsomji | Last answer
Dear Doctor, I am a father of 1.5 years old daughter. My daughter was detected an ASD less than 3 mm (heart murmur) through an echocardiogram, when she was 6 month old. Her present health condition is quite normal as such there in no ...
Harh19 | Posted
Dear Dr. My daughter 6 days old is diagnosed with the following in her echo 1 secondum asd, size 4.63mm with flow from left to right. 2 mid muscular septal vs, size 3.2mm,with flow from left to right with interventricular pressure g...
juhimanish | Posted
Hello, My 8 year old son was just diagnosed with ASD. The hole is large: 25-28mm. Curious if anyone else had a hole this large and had it successfully closed using Amplatzer Septal Occluder. Thank you.
BnutsMom | Posted
Dear Experts.. My son is having 12 mm ASD. He is 8 month old now & having 7.2 kg weight. I like to know is this hole will be spontaneously closed ? Our pediatric cardiologist emphasized on solid diet.. She told us to feed baby solid...
jst4rahul | Last answer
I am from Bangladesh and my son is about 2 months 9 days old. ANATOMY: Situs : Solitus Aortic arch : Left Cardiac position : Levo Coronaries : Normal A-V connect...
Mehjabeen11 | Last answer
Hi, I am a parent of 5 year old daughter who has 8x10 mm high ostium Secundum asd. I am confused and need help regarding her treatment. How long can I wait for this size to get automatically close. Or really I need to for surgical t...
tinuhp | Posted
In 2006, at age 43, I had open heart surgery to repair 2 holes in my heart. I wasn't aware of this defect. I made it all these years without a murmur or showing on a EKG. Initially the cardiologist was going to attempt to use the "umbrel...
nancyh1030 | Posted
Dear Experts, The below report is of my Baby (premature 34 weeks) born on Sep05,2014. Mitral Valve: Normal Aortic Valve: Normal MACS: 0.5 Cm Tricuspid Valve: Normal Pulmonary Valve: Normal ...
Lucky2636 | Posted
I have recently got told I had a hole in my hart I went in Tuesday for the plug they said was 2cm what quite big ever since on the Wednesday I got a funny pins and needles down my left side hip up to arm this never happened before called...
jt422 | Posted
My question is regarding a vsd rather than an asd but as I can't find the right forum for vsds I thought I might get an answer here. My daughter was diagnosed with a 3.5mm vsd at 12 weeks old. At 6 months an echo showed the vsd was stil...
Ammdaz | Last answer
Hi im 27 weeks, I had an ultrasound yesterday just based on my babys heart. The doctor said she has ASD. Also based on a quad screen blood test, I got a positive result back for down syndrome. Im due Nov 26. I just want to know if anyb...
7Leahh | Posted
My grandson was born June 8, 2007 & died June 11, 2007. He was 3 days.old. The Coroner stated that he died of ASD & Congenital Heart Disease. Nothing was ever seen in the US while my daughter was pregnant. I've always wondered if this...
Amarisnery | Last answer
Hello , my daughter is 15 now and has a ASD it is 7mm to 9mm! Dr. Says it will close on it's on!!! But late diagnosis at the age of 7. She has had several episodes of dizziness , blackouts , and at least 4 syncope episodes within the las...
Marcia1974 | Last answer
I have just found out I have a hole in heart. Have other symptoms like fatigue. How can I get my husband to be more supportive. I'm new to the country and take care of three kids while he travels a lot away to work.
rosemary27 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community Resources