Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community
About This Community:

WELCOME to the ATRIAL SEPTAL DEFECT COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) which is a hole in the part of the septum that separates the atria (the upper chambers of the heart). This hole allows oxygen-rich blood from the left atrium to flow into the right atrium instead of flowing into the left ventricle as it should. This means that oxygen-rich blood gets pumped back to the lungs, where it has just been, instead of going to the body.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Sort by:
Last Post
Date Started
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
By jt422
I have recently got told I had a hole in my hart I went in Tuesday for the plug they said was 2cm what quite big ever...
AmmdazAug 28
By Ammdaz
My question is regarding a vsd rather than an asd but as I can't find the right forum for vsds I thought I might get ...
By 7Leahh
Hi im 27 weeks, I had an ultrasound yesterday just based on my babys heart. The doctor said she has ASD. Also based o...
By Amarisnery
My grandson was born June 8, 2007 & died June 11, 2007. He was 3 days.old. The Coroner stated that he died of ASD ...
By Mehjabeen11
I am from Bangladesh and my son is about 2 months 9 days old. ANATOMY: Situs : Solitus ...
By Marcia1974
Hello , my daughter is 15 now and has a ASD it is 7mm to 9mm! Dr. Says it will close on it's on!!! But late diagnosis...
By rosemary27
I have just found out I have a hole in heart. Have other symptoms like fatigue. How can I get my husband to be more s...
By rosemary27
I'm 40 female and told I have 8mm hole in heart. Irregular heartbeat, palpitations, short breath. Put on meds to slow...
By KTB220 Blank
Should I be concerned about contracting a virus ( common cold) or a bacterial infection such as strep throat. I had t...
By suesue1111 Blank
My 4 year old son had an ultrasound a few weeks ago, during his yearly check for atrial septal defect. The hole meas...
dan_76Apr 10
dan_76Apr 10
By dan_76 Blank
Has anyone had ASD diagnosed so that normal 2D echocardiography would have shown all good, but still found ASD in EET?
By Hiranmay Blank
I had asd open heart surgery few days back,its about 17days from the operation. So is it safe to go to college after ...
By sharon86327 Blank
Does anyone have afib? Do you have attacks? What do you do? I am taking flacanide 75mg twice a day now. It has ta...
By dimplesg520 Blank
Hi everyone, I have been scouring the internet for an answer to this, but all results seem to be focused on clinica...
asd
By ronnstar10 Blank
hye i got an asd done 3 mths back i just wanted to know if i can participate in my sports regular activity can i flly...
By anabel1234 Blank
I am going for ASD closure with amplazer device in Feb. Scared 2 death. Is this a relatively safe procedure. I am une...
Paderla Anitha, DNB  Nov 20, 2013
By engr_Shawon Blank
Dear Mr. R. Boris M.D., My son has cardiology problem. At the age of 1 month 1week,we found through Echocardio...
Paderla Anitha, DNB  Sep 01, 2013
By swethan Blank
my kid was detected with asd 5mm[i-r shunt] at birth. After a follow up around 1.5 months asd was reduced to 2 mm. N...
Paderla Anitha, DNB  Aug 25, 2013
By Neelu27 Blank
Hello...:I am 23yrs old nw..i underwent asd closure one nd half yr bck...nw my parents r asking me to get married..so...
Paderla Anitha, DNB  Aug 18, 2013
By Carol1976 Blank
Hi - I have just been told that I have a ASD or PFO after a cardiac catheterisation and have to go for a TEE. I have...
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank