Aa
A
A
Close
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community
WELCOME to the ATRIAL SEPTAL DEFECT COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) which is a hole in the part of the septum that separates the atria (the upper chambers of the heart). This hole allows oxygen-rich blood from the left atrium to flow into the right atrium instead of flowing into the left ventricle as it should. This means that oxygen-rich blood gets pumped back to the lungs, where it has just been, instead of going to the body.
1 - 20 (of 83) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Is there anybody who had ASD closure with amplatzer device and had issues afterwards? I have 26mm amplatzer device implanted 8 yrs ago (...
2 answers |
asd
My 4 days old son has a hole in ASD which is 6mm.... Doctor's say's hole will be closure depend upon growth . Please tell me my son ne...
I had ASD primum repair 8 years ago via open heart surgery.now my question is can i do exercis?,like runnig , weight lifting or any worko...
One week ago I had unprotected oral sex.(gave a blowjob) he had no cuts or pumps on his penis. The ******** lasted only a few minutes. Ju...
I am from Bangladesh and my son is about 2 months 9 days old. ANATOMY: Situs : Solitus Aort...
2 answers |
I am father of a son born in 36 weeks.on 3rd day the echo shows 3.3 mm pda and 3.3 mm asd.on next echo at 10 th day pda closed and asd re...
I've tried looking online and can't seem to find anything that would suggest this is innocent in a child? Thanks so much.
Hello I went to the doctor with chest pains and shortness in breath. All of a sudden my heart started beating really fast and after that...
1 answer |
I am a 28 year female with a 2cm ASD and the cardiologists are suggesting open heart surgery. They ruled me out for robotic surgery. Any ...
1 answer |
Hello. I have a 7mm ASD and was told to have it closed through cardiac cath surgery? Thanks for the help.
Hello. I have a question about asd sinus venosus defect. On tte there was just a suspicion about a small sinus venosus. I am very afraid...
Dear All / Sirs My Name is Sibtain Raza Somji from karachi, recently I came to know from Cardio ECO Report that my baby (4 months old...
2 answers |
Dear Doctor, I am a father of 1.5 years old daughter. My daughter was detected an ASD less than 3 mm (heart murmur) through an echocar...
Dear Dr. My daughter 6 days old is diagnosed with the following in her echo 1 secondum asd, size 4.63mm with flow from left to right....
Hello, My 8 year old son was just diagnosed with ASD. The hole is large: 25-28mm. Curious if anyone else had a hole this large and had i...
Dear Experts.. My son is having 12 mm ASD. He is 8 month old now & having 7.2 kg weight. I like to know is this hole will be spontaneo...
1 answer |
Hi, I am a parent of 5 year old daughter who has 8x10 mm high ostium Secundum asd. I am confused and need help regarding her treatment...
In 2006, at age 43, I had open heart surgery to repair 2 holes in my heart. I wasn't aware of this defect. I made it all these years with...
Dear Experts, The below report is of my Baby (premature 34 weeks) born on Sep05,2014. Mitral Valve: Normal Aortic Valve: Normal ...
I have recently got told I had a hole in my hart I went in Tuesday for the plug they said was 2cm what quite big ever since on the Wednes...
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community Resources