Aa
A
A
Close

Family Health Forum

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

1 - 20 (of 1325) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello, I have been sick for 2 months now,been to 2 doctors and none of them have been able to make a diagnosis. I have 3 symptoms : low grade fever ( from 37.2 to 37.8 taken axillary at night ) During the day temperature is withi...
rpglord | Last answer
I'm 34 yrs old female, in general good health. However, 40pds overweight. No history of any cancer in my family. I work out 40 mins everyday. This past Saturday the 26th, my left armpit area was irritating me, I say irritating becaus...
jakey2 | Last answer
I have had normal liver enzyme test and a normal ultrasound and ct scan, but I still have extreme bloating. This has been going on for months now. I worry because I binge drank on a nightly basis for about an 8 year span, 3-5(sometimes m...
Brianne84 | Last answer
About two and a half months ago all of a sudden I started experiencing high pressure in the front lobe part of the head, the feeling is best described as if the insides are trying to expand, but are contained by the scull (does not feel ...
Alexandre | Last answer
Along with my arm hurting and my leg now but not for long in the morning.. I have the feeling of chills.. I don't really have the goosebumps that much but for a few days now on and off, and right now really bad, I feel very cold.. my ...
silverstanger | Last answer
7714154_tn?1393562471
My mother was feeling really weird for a whole week, so we took her to the ER and come to find out that she had phenomia. The doctors gave her some anti biotics now she has ran out and she is not the person to take care of her self so sh...
CrystalM918 | Last answer
Hello. My name is Ben and I am 27 years old. I have recently visited the doctor for balance issues. I wouldn't say that the room spins or anything like that, it is more of the feeling that I am going to fall flat on my face for no reason...
Bforeman | Last answer
About 2 days ago I hit my head ( top right) upon exiting my house on the bottom baton of my blind. It hurt at the time and I had an immediate headache. I took 2 ibuprofen and the headache went away. My left began twitching intermittentl...
LucindaBarry | Last answer
Hello sir this is Bipin from India. I am an undergraduate student pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical. I feel my tongue dry almost always and find it hard to speak. Also my tongue is filled with whitish material (fungi) and it gives foul sm...
bpn | Last answer
I had appendicitis. A few hours after surgery I begAn getting shaking chills. I was diagnosed with bActerimia strepticoci Mita I was in the hospital for 8 days on I v vancomiacin. Then went home with clindamicin after surgery I was coug...
otto12 | Last answer
I have an 7cm x 2cm area below the quad muscle, 10cm above the knee that is worrying me. It is not a defined lump, but more of a soft ridge. It is not really harder or softer than the surrounding area, but when I run my hand over it I ...
corg2 | Last answer
I had my first u/s last Friday and based on my lmp I would have been 7 weeks. However, I don't know when I ovulated as I wasn't keeping track. The u/s was measuring behind but I wasn't told by how much. The gestational sac was split whi...
Mla479 | Last answer
This past Friday I was at the grocery store. I have vasovagal syncope and have been out on a new medicine. Due to a bout of lightheadedness I veered off path while walking down an aisle and hit my index finger right in the lower part bel...
StacyMT2 | Last answer
Hi Doc! Thank you so much for your help in advance!! As you can see from the question my boyfriend has a broken L5, S1&2. He was in a car accident a few years ago, and due to his seatbelt being worn incorrectly it snapped his back. Due ...
mermaiiidxo | Last answer
Im an ex opiate iv user in 2003 i got my just deserts, a re-occuring (recurring) dvt and have been prescribed warfarin for eleven years which has kept my inr steady. Over xmas i missed couple of inr clinic tests and was told i would need...
oldhagsyndrome | Last answer
I am a 48 year old female in pretty good health. Last month I went home from work with what appeared as the flu. I felt achey and my stomach hurt. I had been feeling strange, kind of anxious for no reason. I went home to bed. I woke ...
jam53 | Last answer
I hit my head on the corner of a bookshelf 3 months ago and every since then I have had a lump on my forehead. It is very hard and does not move and it seems to be under the skin and on the skull. It does not hurt and I did not blacko...
gwstlouis | Last answer
i have my 4 year old healthy son. but last 3 days ago, he was crying because he has stomach pain, and head ache with nausea plus vomiting.. i thaught it is just a simple stomach ache.. but then, next night, he felt the same and he got a ...
madelreyes | Last answer
HI My 8month old son has lost most of his front hair and not sure why? Was told by my GP that it's a fungus infections n prescribed ketoconazole shampoo yet no improvement.. Been a few months now yet he has lost more hair.. Checked on...
ify2013 | Last answer
I've ended up with five doctors some I've only seen in the hospital never to be seen again, PCP's, that change, cardiologist, surgeons and even my dentist. I've tried keeping a list but with 12 medications and 4 to 5 doctors plus at...
Dragger | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank