Aa
A
A
Close

Pediatric Tourette Syndrome Community

WELCOME TO THE PEDIATRIC TOURETTE SYNDROME COMMUNITY: This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Pediatric Tourette: Causes, Diagnosis, Drugs and Medications, Family and Friends Issues, Living with Tourette Syndrome, Research, Risk Factors, School Issues, Symptoms, and Treatments.

1 - 20 (of 25) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi, I just joined this forum and I'm wondering if anyone has any luck with any medication for throat clearing tics. My daughter is 15 and was diagnosed with Tourette's at age 8. I am 43 and have also had it since I was about 8 years old,...
sunny2121 | Last answer
My son is 8 and started having tics around age 5. He has Add, Tics and asthma. After doing a little research on heavy metals and symptoms associated I think he may need a heavy metal detox. He is a smart kid and has never had behavioral ...
reikilady | Posted
I'm 14 years old and I've recently heard of this thing called Tourette's Syndrome. It's where someone does a certain movement or sound repetitively without control. They feel they have to do it. There's documentarys on it and videos on Y...
Livvi22 | Posted
i have a 6 and a half year old son and for a couple of months on off he does this werid blinking thing, sometimes it will be a long blink other times he blinks then looks up is this a early sign of tourettes? im so worried about him, he ...
Baby19866 | Last answer
I have a 5 year old who has been dealing with tics for a while. His first tic was eye blinking when he was 3, and he has had many since then sniffing, throat clearing, head rolling, shoulder shrugging, and his latest is eye rolling and s...
angels4kali | Last answer
brother who is now 14 is having sudden head jerking, eye blinking type movements, and unusual mouth movements. I was just wondering what this could be. when he was younger im guessing around 12 he started doing this thing where he just ...
unknown94 | Last answer
well I have had tourettes at 15 I would wanna say something but it wouldn't come out like a sneeze now im full fledge 30 year old cant control verbal tics getting worse by day I have scithtzophnia would that be the tourettes cause or cou...
wrabbit | Posted
Does anyone have a child with Tourette's and is taking xenazine? I want to know if any bad reactions to it Thanks Loren
Lorenrose | Last answer
My 9-year-old son has had this odd tic for over a year, and it's gotten a bit worse. He reacts to bright direct light, most often sunlight, by turning toward it, blinking and waving his hand in front of his eyes. Often this includes a su...
rwhitlock | Last answer
My son was diagnosed with Tourette's 4 years ago, 3 months ago he was diagnosed with Type 1. Does anyone know someone or any Drs who have experience in dealing with people who have both,and the affects they might have on each other? Hi...
momlcc | Last answer
My 5 year old daughter started what I now know are symptoms of Tourette Syndrome at the age of 2. I want to say it started with stuttering then excessive and seemingly forced eye blinking. Because those particular "tics" stopped I contr...
Sierrasmama115 | Last answer
I am a mother of a 7month old boy, he is generally very healthy, however, recently he has been showing seemingly involuntary muscle and vocal ticks. His face will tense up and his mouth makes a pucker and he'll groan loudly. Other time...
concerned_mom197 | Last answer
Hi, I have a 7 year old son who was diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome about 8 months ago. I had noticed tics for about a year but didn't know it was neurological. I am glad to find a group to discuss things with as they arise. I sta...
Ckalt | Last answer
i first noticed my son whos now 6 twitching at the age of about 2 it first started with him lifting his sholder always the left one then he would rub his foot up againsed his other leg . then he would rub his face always n the same place...
malibutracey | Posted
my 3yr old son started having ticks about a year ago at first we didn't know what these were and just didn't make anything of it he now shakes clenches his fists and repeatedly jumps up and down on the spot.The symptons have got worse an...
sycamorejessey | Posted
My son, age 9 just started having vocal humming tics last night. THese were also accompanied by rapid blinking, although not every time. During the day today they were there, but not as pronounced but tonight they are back in full force....
brenda630 | Posted
my daughter is 6 and for over a year now she has had different tics including head shaking, shrugging, grunting sniffing and screaming. We have seen the doctor about it before and he said it was nothing to worry about but she is starting...
mumov2 | Posted
My husband, a senior citizen, makes distorted faces, involuntary noise (grunts, snorts), jerks his head quite violently when trying to control his stuttering, does thinks like putting his pinky up his nose when he gets nervous, cannot ea...
EJKhere | Last answer
my 7 year old had difficult strep throat in march with repeated throat cultures;he was treated with 3 rounds of antibiotics,the last for 3 weeks!during that time he constantly streched his neck,which slowly stopped.now in the past 2 week...
bobbie63 | Last answer
My son has Tourette and is also diagnosed with learning disabilities as well as ADHD. He has been a difficult child from birth- fussy baby and a poor sleeper. In early childhood he had a hard time getting along with other children and...
jacquie46 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatric Tourette Syndrome Community Resources