Aa
A
A
Close

Sickle Cell Anemia Community

WELCOME TO THE SICKLE CELL ANEMIA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Treatment, and Warning Signs relating to Sickle Cell Anemia.

1 - 20 (of 102) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Recently i have a strange thing happening to me, i am noticing the words on my computer screen slowly moving in a waving motion up and down and side to side, early morning when i report to work. I am 34 years old Man. what could be the r...
majedco | Last answer
What do i need to know about the trait to tell them later in life
allancameronmommy | Last answer
So two months ago, I've been having constant tingling sensations and numbness on my sole (both foot) for nearly a month. Then this disappeared but I started to have the same sensation on both of my palms and fingers and it gets really sw...
shmooface | Last answer
14443349_tn?1434551910
I'm 22 years old have a battling sickle cell since birth I have never had a menstral period has this happened to anyone else it's a little scary now that I'm getting older and realizing how important it is for woman to have that time of ...
bbrooks1 | Posted
I had osteomyelitis (bone infection) due to a salmonella septicaemia when I was 11 years old, it almost drove me out of life, but fortunately my body recovered although I had to wear a wheelchair for almost 3years and do a lot of physiot...
llAidinll | Posted
I am a 30 yr old male with sickle cell ss. Two yrs ago I gave up my meds for herion. Any way I can ditch the dope an start back responsibly take my meds? Or do u feel there both the same?
WakingDead | Posted
Feeling tingling, pin and needle sensation and numbness on some parts of leg initially in part of left leg upper thigh then started on right leg also and arms hands head feeling till 3 weeks and now this weird sensation all over the body...
Reemma | Posted
Your condom broke. Or, you just forgot to use one in the heat (or drunkenness) of the moment. If this applies to you and you had unprotected sex with a heterosexual partner of unknown status, please read on. If you are reading this, you ...
frank855 | Posted
Hi i have red pin prick dots on my fingertips they feel like pins and needles but there is bumps below skin and are quite sore can you help?
Beaks | Posted
I just turned 30 is it still possible for me to have a child even though I have full bloen sickle cell anemia
sexyness | Last answer
Hello there my partner and I are trait carriers and when we informed my parents of our decision to marry they objected. I live in Ghana and I would like to know if anyone knows of any options for us. We have heard about bone marrow trans...
ayellyn | Last answer
I am 18 years old and I'm 13 weeks pregnant with the rarest type of sickle cell (s/o Arab). I don't know what to expect. This is my first pregnancy. Is it true that my child may be born early? May you please tell me some things I should ...
Karen013 | Last answer
I am a male 34 years old. I have been diagnosed as a Beta Thalassemia Minor since few years ago. I have always been slightly anaemic (around 10.5-11.5 and 12.5) and as such have been on folic acide as what doctor advise me, my question i...
majedco | Posted
I have been checking my BP and pulse rate for several days. This morning like other days the readings were 79/47 and pulse reading of 87. Is this unusual? I know it may be difficult to answer such a question without a lot of other d...
Tublu | Last answer
4134269_tn?1365002849
Hello, My mom is 66y old and she was diagnosed a week ago with sideroblastic anemia(see below the results from the blood and bone marrow analisis) . She worked many years in a hospital laboratory for medical analisis where benzene ...
sergirani | Posted
hi im 22 with anemia ss that is and i need help. for five yrs now i had a ulcer on my right ankle n its really difficut doing everyday thing i really need to find a way to help preventing it from coming back cuz i want to go back to sch...
brinadgeorge | Posted
Is it normal for you to be pregnat and one brest be a c cup and the other be an a cup. I feel deformed this only happend this pregancy,and im only 6 weeks. Why is it so big ? Im loving tje fullness though!!!! Lol
quetta80 | Posted
What is the treatment recommended by your doctor for Sickle Cell? And for heavy pain?
10dier | Posted
I am 24,i have small body and am about to finish college....so when do people that have sickle cell stops growing...i want to grow and have big body
Junihnopo | Posted
Hi I hope I can find reply's that can help me guide me to what my one year old baby boy is going through. Yousef is one year old and has sickle cell. We started having problems with vomiting since he was 6 months old, he refuses to fe...
kalnabhani001 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sickle Cell Anemia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...