ADDICTION RECOVERY GROUP User Group
Pain meds
About This Group:

You have gone threw withdrawl and you are off ALL of drugs now.Here comes that hard part staying clean .Long term recovery is hard and takes continous work and support .Learning and dealing with PAWS. Learning what trigger set us off .This is all sort of thing we will dicuss in the group . Avis

Founded by avisg on November 5, 2009
291 members

Pain meds

I was recently in an accident at work I broke my arm had surgery on it and also Herniated a disc lower back. I was 20 days clean when this happened.
I was in the hospital overnight and I was given IV pain meds and when released also given RX for meds I took them and made the choice to have someone I trust hold them and I only took as prescribed. Well I found out that it took edge off pain but My Tolerance level is too high I am still in pain and chasing my tail I feel.
So as of Friday almost 2 weeks after my accident I stopped pain meds and am taking anti Inflam. meds prescribed to me By Dr. and Flushed the other pain meds.
I was just hoping anyone could help as far as what meds that are Non_narcotic I could take to help me. I am recovering from the surgery and have Phy Therapy and My Dr told me I was getting off pain meds way too soon but I felt like I was going to be in pain even with these meds yes They took edge off my pain they did. But I really dont want to start this cycle all over again. I was 20 days in on my journey of getting my life back. I was fighting the battle and dealing with all the mental issues and I went through CT WD and it was hell . I Know I am not the first addict that is recovering to need pain meds. i might be crazy but I am going to try and push through the pain I am on day 3 w/o any and as far as WDs I was a little foggy and mild WD stuff but no where near what it was like when I quit .   I know I can do this I want this I wanted this before and had made my mind up and then I had the accident. I want to heal and I know its a process from my injuries But I want to do it w/o the narcotics.
Tags: pain meds, Pain, meds, surgery, help
vicki595 commented on Instrument of Peace
ang_811 You ant keep going to a bar... Comment
vicki595 commented on lulu747's status
Sep 15