Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Ultram

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Ultram

I have been taking 6 vicodin a day for chronic pain due to pulmonary hypertension and I am on medication that makes my whole body hurt.  So , they prescribed me norco.  I know that I am addicted now because I have been on it for about 4 years.  My question is,  I wanted to know how much ultram of the 100mg er I would need to take to keep up with the norco I was taking.  Or if it even is comparible to the norco......
Tags: ULTRAM ER
vintage , tramadol is just as addicting for some people more so.If you have an addiction to hydro then ultram is NOT a good choice as a replacement .There are many on here with ultram addictions. I am one of them .I would hate to see you go threw what I have .I would talk to your doctor about alternatives
I totally agree with avisg, not a good substitute. Best of luck to you.
For me ultram had little value as a pain rleiever and the addiction qulaities of this drug are high...doesnt balance out as worth the risk
I used ultram as an alternative when I could not get vicodins. I thought they were harmless, was told they were not addictive, but have since found out they can be much harder to get off of than vic's/hydros. I have read that the withdrawals are a nightmare. Do not go there.......
I have to agree -- WD's from opiate's suck -- but you haven't seen anything until you've gone through WDs of Tramadol (Ultram). Granted, I got lucky and didn't have the seizure's that some people do, but the DEPRESSION was 20x worse than any experience I ever had coming off Norco/Oxy's.

Also, their ability to kill pain is much less than what you are currently taking.

IMO, stay away from the Ultram.
You can not take more than 400mg a day. That would be 8 ultrams.