Ultram
I have been taking 6 vicodin a day for chronic pain due to pulmonary hypertension and I am on medication that makes my whole body hurt.  So , they prescribed me norco.  I know that I am addicted now because I have been on it for about 4 years.  My question is,  I wanted to know how much ultram of the 100mg er I would need to take to keep up with the norco I was taking.  Or if it even is comparible to the norco......
vintage , tramadol is just as addicting for some people more so.If you have an addiction to hydro then ultram is NOT a good choice as a replacement .There are many on here with ultram addictions. I am one of them .I would hate to see you go threw what I have .I would talk to your doctor about alternatives
I totally agree with avisg, not a good substitute. Best of luck to you.
For me ultram had little value as a pain rleiever and the addiction qulaities of this drug are high...doesnt balance out as worth the risk
I used ultram as an alternative when I could not get vicodins. I thought they were harmless, was told they were not addictive, but have since found out they can be much harder to get off of than vic's/hydros. I have read that the withdrawals are a nightmare. Do not go there.......
I have to agree -- WD's from opiate's suck -- but you haven't seen anything until you've gone through WDs of Tramadol (Ultram). Granted, I got lucky and didn't have the seizure's that some people do, but the DEPRESSION was 20x worse than any experience I ever had coming off Norco/Oxy's.

Also, their ability to kill pain is much less than what you are currently taking.

IMO, stay away from the Ultram.
You can not take more than 400mg a day. That would be 8 ultrams.