withdrawal from pain pills, depression?
i have been abusing pain medication for probably about a year now. i was never prescribed to them, they just kinda found their way into my life and before i knew it i was hooked. now i never actually took them for any reason other than the high (i usually crushed and snorted them). i am on day 8 after quitting cold turkey and as all of you already know the first 3-4 days were the physically the worst. i feel a lot better now except the psychological stuff i have to deal with. i feel severly depressed at times and i suffer strong cravings. back when i was using i wouldnt ever really touch them untill night/evening time so now my nights just seem extrmly boring and empty. everything i did when i was high i cant do anymore because im sober (read a book, watch tv, video games, write, music) nothing seems the same. i was just wandering how long im going to have to deal with this. how long does the depression last. i know that i need to start trying to fill the void in my life but it isnt easy to do right now. i fear a relapse coming if this continues much longer.............  also if for some reason i did relapse once 15-20 days from now and i only did it once, like a hydro/10 or 2, would i have 2 suffer the physical withdrawal all over????
I can relate to all of ya in another way but I have never taken any drugs before but my husband is addicted to pain pills and he is tearing our family apart we have 4 kids and I love my family do much but cannot live like this all the lies, sneaking around never no money and all the fighting I have done everything I can do to help but he gets defensive and I can't live with him on these pills so if you think ya have it rough which I'm sure you do think of what its doing to your family cause I think I'm loosing my kind and don't no what to do
I am so glad I found this forum. I have been feeling so alone and I know if I dont stop, I am going to lose my family. I have been using pain pills on and off for like 12 years now. I started right out of high school. At first, I never had an on-going prescription of my own (and yes I was completely off of them for awhile). But within the last 5 years, I have had both knees rebuilt and spinal surgery which did not correct the situation. I have massive knots that appear on my back and ive had a million spinal shots to try and help but nothing ever does. I get 224 perc 5s a month! And most of the time, if my bf does not hold them for me, I go through those within 2 weeks and sometimes its even been less. I have lied, drove a far distance, and bought pills. Everytime I tell myself that this is it and Im going to stop, once the withdrawals start, I get so scared or I cant handle them and I need to find them. Its horrible! I want my life back, my memory, my enjoyment. I dont wanna have to rely on this stupid pill to get me through the day. I keep telling myself how much I need them because I am still in pain... but isnt there something else that could help without the addicting qualities?  I soooo dont wanna go through the withdrawals and it really ***** because my daughter is 4, runs around everywhere, and I have so much to do.... and I cant be feeling like hell all day! Or sick for that matter. Not for 7 days straight. Not to mention, I hate the awful tingling head feeling you get once BAD withdrawal kicks in... and NO sleep... the constant tossing and turning and hurting.  I feel alone and I know my bf nor my mom understand just how it gets... no one does til they get there themselves.  I do a pill (snort) everytime I need to do something (i am supposed to take 8 a day) and it gives me energy and make me more social when I have to talk to ppl. I really dont know how I will feel once I CAN get off the pills. I know if I quit cold turkey and tough it out... then I will only be handed another bottle of 224 the next month and then what?  I know if I dont quit, I am going to lose everything that I care about and maybe even my life if I dont slow down.  :-(
This thread is from 2006.  You really should start a new one...
Yesterday was going to be the last day......but today I feel like **** nothing is the same.I used to smoke weed on the daily about 4 to 20 grams a day....now I'm not smoking as much but pills are getting a hold of me.........suites any one have some good advice for  me as in stopping this I'm trying to make a new life but I've never lived a sober one and I have no idea what Suber people do with there life's please help
Hey there bighead, post this on a new post, this one is old, so you may not get new answers.  There are plenty of ppl here with great advice, they just need to see your post.  This one started in 2006.

What pills are you taking and how many??  
2006?..this post is waaaaay too old.please remove
I am not posting this for my personal addiction, I am posting because I need help for my husband, he has been taking approx. 48 norco a day (sometimes more) for the last 2 years, He quit cold turkey, taking the last 2 about 30 hours ago. He has been literally BEGGING me to take him to the hospital so they can help him *feel better*, I know what that means, he wants them to give him some kind of narcotic, he has tried begging, crying and saying that if I love him I will take him.  This is the second time he has tried to quit, the first time he ended up in the hospital because he had tachycardia (his heart rate was more then 100 beats per min.), he stayed in the hospitals cardiac ward for about a week. My fear is that this could happen again.. I am at a loss of what I should do. Any info would be great.
thank you.
over the counter.I know potassium, zinc, and magnesium vitamins help plus benadryl at night to be able to sleep. all those help the cramps sweating and flu like sickness. now Zanax will definetly help to sleep but if you take it everyday you can get addicted too. taking a very low dosage of tramadol or ultram and trikle down on them is the best. thats how i got off them. but need strong will not take too many or youll fall back in the abyss
sent you a message.  I put here as well
Your post for help was missed as you posted on an oldish post that someone else started several years ago.  On any page on this forum (go to your post) and at the top is an orange ask a question button.  Post what you wrote and you will start a NEW thread that will be seen and not missed.  There is also another forum you might go to.  It for living with an addict...it is here

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Addiction-Living-with-an-Addict/show/1176?controller=forums&action=show&id=1176&camp=msc

works the same way use the orange button.  Good luck.
i was in your same situation. clean for only 9 days. was about to loose my husband and family. spending lots of money too. get into a inpatient detox facility. they detox you without any discomfort. every day is a struggle, but im determined to beat the devil!
I myself have been addicted to pain meds ( hydros, oxycontin perk's) all of it for 10 years i did 6 months in jail last year and a week after i got out i started again now i am trying to get whyn myself off of them i have only been back on them for 5 months all and it is the worst pain i have ever been in... my advice to you all it will take is you just taking one more and then that one more will turn into two more and then so on... if you are now over the physical pain dont take that one more please..... the emotional suffering will go away in time trust me i know just sit around and think about it!! Get up and do something find something you enjoy doing..if you have kids like i do focus on them and not the pain pills in the long run your life will be a whole lot better if you stay away from them!!!!! Me im still in the physical pain of it but i kno  we are strong enough to fight this.. Pray God will not let you down... just keep fighting
I have been taking Vicodin for about 4 years now and today is day 1 for me.  Like you all, i'm tired of pretending, trying to find them, afraid ill get tested at work and get fired...  It just add's to the depression.
I am ADHD with depression.  Paxil made me feel like I lived in a bubble.  I HATED IT.  I've been taking Prozac for a short time now and I love it!
I so tired of quitting and relapsing.  I'll be praying for all of us.
I'm 28 years old (male) I've been taking hydrocodone since 06 for a back injury & oxycodone from 07 till last September.  I had to stop taking the Oxys because I lost my health insurance & they were way to expensive.  Now i take the hydros.  With both perscriptions I used to take 310 a month (10-12) a day from 07-11 but now I just take 200 of the hydro.  Just coming off the 10/325 of the oxys was killer because they work a lot better than 7.5/500 of the hydros.  It was a little easier for me because I still had the hydro but I miss the oxys because of the wonderful high I got.

Usually at midnight I would take 4 & at 4 am take 4 more & by 5 or 6 am be so damn high it felt AMAZING!  But now with the hydros I usually have like 30 extra for the month since I take 6 a day out of the 200 so with those extra at night I take 4 & 2 hours later take 4 more.  It feels great but no where near as good as the oxys.  Sometimes I can go like 12 hours without taking one but by the end i start to get real ancy so I take one.

I've never really had suicidal thoughts before or depression but lately I've been thinking that I want to kill myself because I'm so lonely.  No job no girlfriend I live at home while all my other friends have normal lives & there own places.  Plus I'm ALWAYS broke.  Yeah I won 5 grand in the md lotto recently but it didn't last long.  I recently started a band as a Drummer I've been playing for about 11 years so hopefully that will get me out of my funk and not in the drug scene.  I've never done weed or smoke a cigarette (just the pills) & only cuz of my back/knee  injury.

I probably would have killed myself last year I put like 50 pills in my mouth & wanted to swallow so bad because I lost my job & all the rest of the stuff on top but I thought to myself I'll probably go to hell for doing so.  I'm not really a religious guy I mean I believe in God but I heard people believe if you kill yourself you go to hell so I thought is an eternity suffering in hell worth it to end my suffering in life?  So I spit the pills out & said I'll stick it out for another 50 years & go to heaven lol.  Like I said that's the only thing that stopped me.  Also I'm not very social anymore I sometimes don't step outside for a week just be in my room laying in bed watching tv & sometimes go a day withough eating & still not be hungry....

Most nights I still wish God would kill me maybe like I won't wake up or a semi truck would side swipe me while crossing an intersection or something like that.  Things probably won't get better for me, girls don't really like me to much yeah I'm friends with them but I feel if I asked one of them out they'd laugh or just say no to be nice.  It's been awhile since my last relationship.  Plus I don't have a whole lot of confidence I'm shy around girls.  I mean I have no problem taking to them but I could never ask a girl out.  The word no really scares me.  Plus I'm not an ahole & im one of the nicest person you'll ever meet & it seems like every girl I know is with an ahole or a jerk or a yo boy or something like that.  I couldn't compete with them.  Plus how in the hell is everyone hooking up?  Is there a secret club I don't know about?  Maybe bars but every time I see a girl in a bar she's with a guy!

Well that's about it for me.  Thanks for reading!
Thank you for your honesty.  I can empathize a great deal with you.  I know the only constant in life is change, and things will get better if you struggle through this -- even if it is a minute at a time.  There is a story that Carl Jung once had a patient come in and say, 'I have just been engaged and promoted at work'.  To which Jung replied, 'that is too bad, but with my help and that of your friends you will hopefully get through it'.  Another patient came in and said, 'I have just been fired and my wife ran off with her lover'.  Jung replied, 'Wonderful! Now something good will happen!'.

I hope you are now at the latter point and have either stabilized, or already started your climb.  Something wonderful WILL happen, just maybe not on our schedule.

Stay well, and know that you have helped me.
Hello to all my fellow Pill addicts!

I have been dealing with pain pill addiction on and off for 10 years now.
At first It was for  pain after a surgery and then for fun and NOW IM AN ADDICT and still have pain in my back after a motorcycle accident.

It's considered a disease. ADDICTION!
We need to start realizing that we are not getting any younger  and we are killing our nerves, liver, brains, and bodies.
I have attempted to get clean many times over and i'm right back where I started. Eating over 400 pill a month. When i get clean my back hurts so much I cant get out of bed. So I always start back up almost right away.

I have searched for places to talk about this addiction and this thread seems to be the biggest so far.

Besides for pilladdicts.com , they have some good info on there as well.

I wish everyone luck on here and I hope you wish the same to me.

Good Luck and GOD help us all!

Hello to all my fellow Pill addicts!

It's considered a disease. ADDICTION!

Good Luck and GOD help us all!

I so feel you. I have a 3yr old and I myself got hooked by having medical problem. Its been 2yrs and I took norco 10. It was as follow by my doctor. Then it was 8 a day it became my life. Now am slowly cutting down to 4 and its gone down as of today. But I still get all same feeling just not as bad. Have to say tonight is my first day with none am scared. But ready.
i agree i take tramadol and hydro 7.5 been out for 2 day's ready to go insane
I'm going through the exact samething as you guys it ***** and it's shameful to tell anyone. Pills own my life and everything seems so lame without them. Any updates from any of you guys and girls???? I would love to hear some follow up story's.
I'm 23 years old been taking Roxys for about a year! I started from one toothache and only took a quarter of one then I was up to about six or seven a day depending On how many I had! It's so sad I know I went 22 years not doing any drugs at all not even smoking a cigarette and recently I just had a beautiful baby girl so as I'm typing this exactly seven days ago I just quit! This is my seventh day clean and I'm still having major W/D I have about 7 hours of sleep in the seven days and I shake all night l shake all night long and get hold and cold sweats, sneeze, diarrhea and all but this is the first day I started feeling a lil but better besides no sleep! I'm praying for everyone on here and I hope y'all all find the strength to not go back to the horrible pills that brings you down and makes you feel like your on top! Your not its actually on your way to rock bottom I went there and I'm on my way up! Find something to push you to quit that's what I did and I'm doing it for my baby girl! Ps nothing works for the withdrawals to help you get through it! I have tried everything even the Thomas diet! Only time can heal this think before you take another one cause you would feel so much better with out I do! *HARDLIFE89
I'm 23 years old and got a toothache one night and that's where I begin getting addicted to Roxys! I worked all the way to taking about six or seven a day depending on how many I had! It's so sad I no I was 22 years clean and never even smoked a cigarette until a year ago! I was on Roxys for abt a year and seven days ago quit cold turkey! So today is day seven clean the withdrawals are the same as day one still and I can't sleep and shake all night diarrhea and cold and hot flashes very weak And can't really do much but I am a very strong willed person and I'm done and will make it! The main reason why is because I recently had a new baby girl she became my world so think before you take them please cause rock bottom is coming I got there but it was said cause I was high on pills and never even new! Find something or someone to push you to quit it helps my family is very much hear for me through this process! PS there is nothing that will help the withdrawals I have tried them all even the Thomas diet! The only thing that eased my crams is Imodium AD but it don't even work no more so I'll be praying for everyone and I hope a few will pray for me!:) THANKS <3
just thought id drop you a line to help you all on your ****** journey ive been hooked to opiates more than once and have managed to beat them each time dont get me wrong it aint easy but i reckon you all know that already and just want to know if it will eventually go away and the short answer is yes by two weeks the majority of withdrawals will have gone and you can satrt getting things together again BUT your addiction NEVER goes away and can easliy appear if you let your guard down.

just know that if you tough it out you do get better and ill keep my fingers crossed for you all
Are you withdrawing under Dr's care?
I am so grateful to have found this forum!! I have been taking meds for soooo long now and taking more and more than prescribed to feel the numbness I need. I am quitting....cold turkey!! I need myself back :( I need to be a better mom and wife. Its been 2 days and my energy is non existant. How long til I get my energy and myself back? Im doing natural detox and walking treadmill for an hour to sweat it all out. Any more suggestions?
alot of "natural"fruit juices! no caffeine! an aspirin REALLY HELPS WITH THE PAIN,"JUST ONE!! LOL im doing the same thing right now"IT *****" MAN THIS HURTS!!LOL,,OH WELL! you almost got it whipped! 72 hrs is withdrawl time pretty much,most of us "when you think about it" have had flus last longer,ya know? so thats kinda what im telling myself right now,,"i have the flu",,i hope this helps,i got hooked"AGAIN" after heart surgery almost 2 years ago,,chronic use of painkilles has been linked to hardening of the arteries and can kill you"as i found out" but here i am again tryin to kick it!! excuse me! goin to kick it,,like you are!   don
i took my last hydro 10/325 this morning. i am loosing my family if i haven't already. After 10 years of fighting this demon it's time to beat it. i have tried before with little success, after one or two days i have always took some to stop the withdrawing. it is the hardest thing i have ever done before, but i have to do this for me and my family. im going cold turkey, if i am able, i will try to post something everyday to help someone else if i can. atleast i will try to let you know how its going, they maybe some short post
I am freaking out so badly. I am going to be coming down off oxycodone which I have taken everyday for a month now(I usually use for about a month and then go through a couple ****** days where I take adderall because I don't wanna come down from oxy but ill take adderall for a week and then the pain pills are back) I wake up and have to have something to take and I always do . This past week and a half I have also started  smoking meth so now I take a 10mg oxy every morning and then in the late afternoon I smoke some meth and usually uppers give.me a jittery feeling, starving but can't eat and nothing sounds good at all , the feeling that you just wanna die but thats not an option and instead you hide for days and sleep and cry. Well doing oxy has made smoking meth a great high it has made me not feel all heeled out even though I'm up until 6am at the latest and out earliest by 3am, I would sleep all day if I could bit I can't so I wake up around noon to be to work by 3 I take half a pill then smoke a couple hits off the pip and take the other half of the oxy and shower and go to work for 8 hours. I stress everynight and cry because I am so scared I won't be able to function, go to work, or enjoy anything I'm just miserable and I smoke weed on a daily basis to help with my anxiety,or if I can't sleep I take ambien which I also in love with , but this is not how a 22yr old should be trying to get her life together and its hard for me to stop I don't have to pay for them, one of my family members and her significant other ask me for them and pay for mine all the time because its my hook up I'm not sure really they both have met the crazy lady that sells them, and its become a not good habit that my gg and dd have formed and I'm stopping I went out and had my last whoohoo and now I'm off for 3 days so I'm going to need some suggestions on what I should do to prepare for this withdrawal
I am bipolar and a manic depressed, I do take snit depressants and krill oil and a daily vitamin.....my body feels and looks like I'm dying I just need help on what to do to get sober

Hi helpme and welcome
I am not familiar with everything you are taking so you should really start your own thread and you will receive some support.

A lot of our members won't notice your post as it is so old.

Go to the top of the page and click on Post a Question and then type your story.
Good luck to you.  
There are so many people here that can help you through this.   You don't have to live like this anymore.  There is help out there.  :)

I agree- post a new thread and you'll probably get a lot more responses.
I have been taking narcotic pain meds for 13 years. Morphine,diladid,percocet....anything to kill my chronic pain symptoms. I have now been offf them for ! week. This has been such a trial to go through but it is worth it because I feel free again.The pills were my crutch and my enemy. I wont lie this is the hardeset thing ive ever gone through...I still crave and think of pills all the time but damnit im not gonna give in. If anyone out there needs support email me at ***@****
I have been abusing then for over twenty years..quit but always came back..i been sober off booze for over 9 mos but these things got a hold of me so bad I feel like I will die without then..i have with speed an cigarettes an this hands down.is the hardest. I am 43 an problem is I like them an want to take them forever but I know its wrong. They were like an anti depressant to me but now I can't even feel them. I feel  sick before I get high..i feel like I'm withdrawling even when I.have the damn.things.i have high blood pressure an I don't want.a dr knowing my business..i got to get healthy this yr or I doubt I will be around for next
i have been on sixty mg oxys for eight yrs know i am startin in the mornin only takin forty five mg a day i was told hr body dont k,ow the amount ur vettin it just knows u r so will i b able to quit like that
man I'm even more nervous about stopping now. I'm like all of u. my life is a big lie. I have chrons disease and that's how I started. I get 150 percent 10z every 3 weeks. I eat them up in a week then ihave to buy them. maybe I cut back and slowly but surely get off of them!
I have never been prescribed painkiller. I get them from people I know. I was clean a year and I started doing them again. It started small but my tolerance built up rather heavily. I take oxy "OP" the kind you can't sniff. Every now and them I find the 30s you can snort. I take 20s, 30s, 40s, 60s, or 80s. I am scared because I have such a high tolerance one 80 doesn't affect me hardly anymore, it's about enough to hold off withdraw. I have to have at least 140-to 160 mg to feel anything. I have to take over 200 at one time to get high. I am seriously concerned because it seems like I am just draining myself physically, mentally, and financially. I want to stop but I never make it more than a few days. I can't remembered the last time I went an entire week without something. If anyone is reading this I strongly urge you to quite as soon as you can. It's not to late to me but it's cost me tens of thousands of dollars, my relationship, and I am in college and it has set me back alot due to bad attendance and I have failed some classes in the past and have to retake them. Stop before it's to late, in the end you will just be broke and alone. I have fought off depression and suicide and found reasons to live. I dont want to die, I have a great family and a lot to live for. I hope I can quite and make it through this, I have tried exercise, over the counter cold medicine or pain meds (like tyenol) they seem to help a little, sudafed taken as the recommended dosage helped me through a few days and eased my withdraw symptoms. I sleep way to much, I feel like it's a side effect of the withdraw. I will sleep 10,12, 14, 16 hours at a time, one day I slept off and on for a total of 20 hours. I was awake 4 hours and slept almost 20 (slept 14 hours, woke up for 2 hours, fell asleep for another 6 hours, and woke up for another 2 hours before going to sleep again for the night of a different day. I've been worried about the overstepping, I have no energy or motivation when I don't have any meds. Is there a way to get over the sleeping issue? I just want to be normal again and sleek 8 hours a day, have energy to do things, not feel down/depressed, not think about pills, save my money for better things, be my old self again, and live a normal productive life. I am looking into the website: www.turntohelp.com now to try and find ways to get help. I don't want to be admitted to rehab, I need to maintain my normal life while getting the treatment I need to quite opioid once and for all. If anyone has any useful advice or info/ resources they can share with me please let me know. Thank you and good luck to anyone out there who is in a similar situation. God bless you and may we all find the ways and the will/strength to take our lives back....
My heart goes out to all of you. People dont have a good understanding of what your going through. Please be brave and know my prayers are with you. I have a son that is about to try and quit. I dont know how much he is taking but I found 3 of the little white 319 pills in his room tonight and they led me to this site. He was on oxy and I think heroin for about a year. When I found out I tried to open the door rather then close it. recently he is admiting he cant manage his adiction and needs to stop. In the last few months we have been talking alot and he has gone through withdrawals (non voluntarily) a few times for a couple days at a time. He tried a suboxane treatment program but couldnt continue because he had other drugs in his system. He has been getting suboxone off the street and has not wanted to quit because he didnt want to get fired from his job. I told him if he quit work I would support him while he goes through withdrawels. He has agreed but I am affraid he will cheat himself and take stuff for the withdrawals. Im not sure what to do or how to help him. Any suggestions are appreciated. So you know , Im very proud of him for telling me about his problems and confiding in me because he is very proud and I dont think any less of him. I will do what I have to to help him even if it means being mean but I am affraid of where the line is between being supportive and making it worse or so unbearable he goes back.   Your all much braver then you think and stronger, even though you may feel weak now your not really you just think you are. Think of what people have survived and tell yourself its not you thats the problem its the drug and the addiction.
i have been taking opiods(loratabs and percs) for my back pain, and they threw me into deep depression and anxiety issues, i have stopped taking them and i got through the physical side effects, but the mental ones are taking a huge toll on my life and i know it is affecting my kids. I have no motivations, and every little ting i do feels so hard, i worry about everything, i lay in bed, i cry, im so lost, is there a natural way to feel better, im so scared, i just want to get my old self back, if you have any information that could help me i would greatly appreciate it
I need help ive been on them for about eight years now  and at least 4 strong 30mg is only barely enough to feel anything    im tired of these things running my life what can I do
My mom takes pain pills and has been taking them for years over 16 years. Well last night I walked in her room cause I heard her talking to someone No one was there she is talking about stuff that's off the wall. She hasn't had her pain pills in over a week. Could this be from withdraws? Please someone help me I am worried about her.
I need advice about my norco addiction please ):
I love everyone on here. I can relate cause of my norco addiction so I will right my story later. I hate these pills they have taken my life
NinerRider, please go to the top of the page and post a question. This thread was started years ago and may be overlooked. You will find lots of advice here. I look forward to seeing your new post. Best wishes!
I found out yesterday that my husband of 14 years is addicted to pain meds.  I noticed a lot a withdrawals from my bank account and when I confronted him he was very aggressive about it.  He said he does not have a problem so today I closed the account and did not give him access to any money and he is getting sick....I guess its already withdrawals.  What can I do to help him???
Hi NC,

You posted your question at the end of a very old thread. Better to go back and repost it in the substance abuse room
Were do i find this form of yoga.
This post was started in 2006. To get your questions answered, just click on the Back to community icon. It is in blue. Once you do that you will be given the option to start your own posts, It will say: what is your question. However you do not have to ask a question, you can post any thoughts, concerns or ask for support. There are so many people online here and we welcome you with true sancerity.
god bless you all i am going thru it i have been off pills for about three weeks but i am so depressed no energy i have too work i just want too cover my head up i am so tired i went too helth store bought vitamins to increase the dopeamen i bought b12 ,sam e , and one other  and b complex been on them about 4 days still feel like crap i was takeing a small cut of suboxone to help but i was addicted to them also cause i was taking one a day its horrible now i take a nerve pill too sleep i sleep all night but it the mine game and depression i am fighting so bad please help