Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
withdrawal from pain pills, depression?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

withdrawal from pain pills, depression?

i have been abusing pain medication for probably about a year now. i was never prescribed to them, they just kinda found their way into my life and before i knew it i was hooked. now i never actually took them for any reason other than the high (i usually crushed and snorted them). i am on day 8 after quitting cold turkey and as all of you already know the first 3-4 days were the physically the worst. i feel a lot better now except the psychological stuff i have to deal with. i feel severly depressed at times and i suffer strong cravings. back when i was using i wouldnt ever really touch them untill night/evening time so now my nights just seem extrmly boring and empty. everything i did when i was high i cant do anymore because im sober (read a book, watch tv, video games, write, music) nothing seems the same. i was just wandering how long im going to have to deal with this. how long does the depression last. i know that i need to start trying to fill the void in my life but it isnt easy to do right now. i fear a relapse coming if this continues much longer.............  also if for some reason i did relapse once 15-20 days from now and i only did it once, like a hydro/10 or 2, would i have 2 suffer the physical withdrawal all over????
I used lortab for many  more years than you and they became my personality so i am going to have to find myself so i know how you feel. i do not enjoy anything right now 3-days w/d. i just pray that we can find ourself, and not go back to using. tired of trying to "find" the pills and living a lie. with u i am. you are not alone!!
Hi.  I am 31 days off vicodin.  Didn't really do other pills.  Didn't need them, like you I took them for the wonderful feeling and got hooked.  I don't have physical withdrawls anymore other than the depression and craving I still seem to feel.  I don't know how long it can last, but I dream about them.  Life kinda sucks right now and it would be so easy to slip back into them, but I refuse!  Life was no damn cup of tea doing them either, felt like **** when didn't have them, panic when I was close to running out, buying them, lying, using bill money, you name it.  So what the hell was so good about them - that is what I keep telling myself.  I know getting off of them cold turkey sucks, but you probably made it through the worst.  Now we all just need to get off our pity pot and get out of our houses back into the real world. Your energy level will come back too, mine is - slowly but surely!  Hang tough, please, don't give up because if you do you'll have to go through this all over again someday.  I'll be thinking about you both.
i have progressively been taking pain pills for almost 5 yrs now.  it started as taking 1 or 2 percs for fun.  now im taking 30-60 mg of roxy or oxycontin almost every day.  when i stop taking it for a day or two...i get withdrawals - sweats, anxiety, muscle cramps, diarrhea, and sometimes fever.  at first i thought it was the flu then i realized i was having withdrawals. im 24 yrs old.  its the only thing that makes me feel good but i know this is bad and want to stop.  have been diagnosed with depression since i was 15yrs old.....i want to stop but i dont think the antidepressants do anything for me... i had been taking 30mg of paxil since i was 15- tried to stop and get withdrawals from that too... i hate being dependant on a drug...sometimes its just so hard to get out of bed.  what can i do to feel normal w\o taking any drug? my father is also a manic -depressant and thinks i need to take something like he does..please help... sometimes life makes me feel like im in a coma, will stay in bed for days...like im paralyzed...please help me enjoy life again w\o the use of drugs....
i am going through the same thing right as we speak! i feel like dieing, i have been on hydro for about 2 years straight none stop, started out with a hurt back then i started buying them to feel good, i tell you what though i am coming off them and it sucks bad time, i found out i was pregnant and i was never the type to do drugs never! but its like herion they say, and i think about taking one to just stop this hell of a feeling but i have already came through alot of withdrawals just by cutting down and tonight is my first night without one at all, i took one 10 yesterday and for 4 days i have been so so sick, but i have to do this for my baby! and my other family also for myself i am right in the boat with all of you, damn the person who ever made these life sucking pills!!!! i hope we all do well i am trying so hard prayers are here goodluck all! wish me luck! no sleep tonight i know!!!!
Welcome to the forum. You should copy your post and start a new one. This is an old post and we will want to get to know you.
I Sympathise with you opiods are a great antidepressent at times, beats any ssri med ive tried in the past, that's what worrys me too about being free of opiods, Paws syndrome lingering on for a year would drive anyone nuts but what choice is there? hopefully it will pass have you tried exercise to raise them endorphines up? diet etc , i guess eventually you will feel normal again.
Wow guys, I can so relate to eahc and every one of you. I am a stay at home mother of 3 and I have been taking Oxy for over a year for my back pain. Now I find myslef spending money I don't have or saving all my money up just to buy them. I hate that my money is gone all the time. I hate that I have to have these things to get up in the morning and to sleep at night. I have just moved on to liquid oxy. I stopped a few weeks ago, I layed in bed, in pain, sweaty, diahrea, couldn't sleep, didn't even want to go anywhere, I hate it. I wonder if there is something they can give you to help with the withdrawls? I was thinking maybe I needed an anti depressant, but from reading some of the posts, it looks like I could maybe get addicted to anti depressant. I really dont want to move on from one drug to another, I want to be done with this ****. Any suggestions. I am scared to tell my doctor, although I know that is probably who I need to talk to about some help. Please help!
hi all i'm a 29 yr old woman, i've been on pain pills for five yrs now. I really need to stop before i lose my husband and his family. they all have been there for me and have tried to help me get off them, but like some of you i dream about them, the pills is all i think about day in and day out. They help me deal with a lot of the pain i feel in my life. I've tried dealing with the pain without the pills, but i just can't seem to do it. When i don't have them i just feel like killing myself. i feel like the pills make me the person everyone expects me to be. i spend so much money on them on a daily bases. i take about 15 10's a day. I waitress at a steak house, i spend my tips all my tips on them everyday. My husband is going to leave if i don't stop someone please help me
Posting a new post will help draw attn to ur post as u have posted on a very old post...lots of support here...can u post a new question?
You are doing the right thing by getting off NOW.  Whatever you do dont relapse,  it will get better.  I am only 4 days clean,  and I will not go back,  its been too long.  I really dont know what it feels like to not want them.  I guess i always will, but i just cnat and neither can you.  hang in there talk to your friends or here.  support is the best thing for you.  you are not in this alone.
This is to all who are experencing withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms. I (from a car accident) have been addicted to pain pills for 8 yrs. have tried to quit "seriously" twice. We cannot allow the sickness of withdrawls to control us to continue being a junkie. The aches and pains,cold sweats, anxiety and deppression we are feeling is our knowledge of knowing how really sick we are. Is a relapse worth it to not feel these symptoms? Is my sick liver better then withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms? How about a pill that controls your life...better then some symptoms? Being ashamed,embarresed,depressed, not liking myself ...over a pill? IVE BEEN THINKING ALOT THIS TIME INSTEAD OF BEING SCARED THIS IM GETTING ANGRY! GOOD LUCK TO US ALL IN GETTING OUR LIFES BACK!
I am 33 I work in a office and have 3 kids, a husband who hasnt worked in 7 months, and I take pain pills to make me fell better. I want to stop but I am scared of the withdrawal I will have to face... I can not afford to miss work and I can not afford to pay for the pills any longer.. I am scared and dont know what to do.... I really want to stop but caught myself calling yesterday looking for some... Didnt get any thank goodness, does anyone have any advice?
Now I've read a good amount of these comments and this is the first thread that completely relates to what I've been going through the past few days...I first started taking 30mg roxys approximately about 5 months ago and ever since the day I found them I consistently snorted at minimum 2 a day and 4 at most...I just quit cold turkey 4 days ago and ever since my back hurts, my legs are restless, I was catchin cold sweats, couldnt sleep and wen i did i instantly woke up and felt like i was delirious, i couldnt eat and constantly had the runs and on day 3 i was severely depressed the whole night...i am now on Day 4 of quitting cold turkey and am feeling much better than the first 3, my back still hurts and i still sweat but i know im almost there...i havent taken anything but half of a xanax to ease the pain but it only made me sleepy, i smoke weed but that wont have any effect on anything so im just gonna stay sober for the rest of the withdrawal stage...Im only here to share my experience for those who are wondering what symptoms you may have when you get addicted to these things and quit cold turkey, if youre reading this and currently take them i suggest you quit immediately, be a warrior and go cold turkey or find a way to slowly take smaller dosages to ease the pain...to whoever has unfortunately become addicted to these things i wish you all the best of luck whenever you decide to quit, i hope no1 has to suffer like i have the past few days but some of you eventually will...

God Bless and Sincerely,

Gaw Finesse
I have been on pain pills for the last 15 years up till 7 days ago i took 25-30 norco 10 and 10-15 oxys just to get by the day .I have F...k up my life.I lost my house ,cars,and my wife . I have nothing left cause all i wanted was pills .The withdrawals are so evil when i didnt have them i did not stop till i got some and i always found a way to get them. That was my life every day. NO MORE !!! It's been 7 days and i feel good . Here is how i did it. I went from norco and oxys to hydros 7.5 i took one in the morning one an noon and one at night for one week. The next week i did the same but with hydros 5 . after that i took one a day for three days . I still got sick but not as bad. Talk to a friend or a family member have them hold on to them i know its hard as hell to just take one but you can do it its a mind game to .After the 5th day clean make your self get up go for a walk. and drink water . Remember we put this evil pill into your body for many years we cant expect it to go away in a few days its going to take work. I will not go back i am going forward and beat this BITSH!
I am a 24 year old mother of 2. I have been addicted to pain pills for 6 years. You name it I took it. Well in my case if you put them in front of me I probably would still take them. I stopped using when I got pregnant w/my son 3 years ago. I didn't have any withdrawls I just knew that I couldn't take them anymore. I had to have a c-section, & after was on pain meds again. Got hooked again. I have to stop taking them they are ruining my life. I lie, steal, cheat, anything I need to do to get them. I've lost a home a car, & several relationships over a stupid pill. Today is my second day w/o them & it ***** really bad. I can't sleep & when I do all I dream about is getting high, I can't eat, my body aches, my teeth hurt, & so so depressed. I've shed so many tears over this drug, I'm literally grieving. I know things will get better, everybody says they will, but how long does it take? How long will I feel like I'm dying? How long will I ruin my life & my families?
In school, we had studied ashtanga yoga which led greatly to all-round development. But I had no clue that when faced with the real pitfalls of life, yoga would cure my ‘severe and recurring clinical depression’ — for good!

Relationship woes

I’ve always been an outwardly happy person, but crushing blows from repeated failed relationships had left me feeling churned inside out. At 22, I was definitely sinking, compounded by the pain and lack of comprehension at how things had turned out. I’d spend hours weeping; I would want to get home, just to lock myself in the bedroom and sob, hoping my broken heart would heal. As years passed, my general levels of clarity went down drastically, something my family noticed but couldn’t figure out exactly why.

Soon, I started regressing into someone totally unreliable. I found every task unbelievably tedious — even a trip to a shop down the road seemed challenging. People my age were finding jobs and signing up for courses, my years were slipping by. I finally took up a job, only to quit within a fortnight claiming I wasn’t in the ‘right frame of mind’ to work. Truth was, I was simply not capable of handling responsibilities. Yet I felt I would be out of this ‘phase’.

Meanwhile, the weeping got worse and I became emotionally fragile; I could no longer make any new friendships. Physical conditions included a desire to sleep all the time and ‘twitching’ or sudden muscular jerks frequently.

Help at hand

Fortunately when things just seemed to go out of hand (thoughts of death were clogging my mind), I approached a wonderful counsellor, who suspected I was suffering from clinical depression —  something even cognitive tests confirmed. Depression had occurred, she explained, as continuous grieving had changed the natural production of serotonin, the happy chemical in the brain. I needed a course of anti-depressants called SSRIs (Selective Sorotonin Reuptake Inhibitors) to remedy it. The word ‘anti-depressants’ worried me, especially its side-effects, but it was a relief to get diagnosed since it meant I understood what I was going through and could find a cure! I started with the medication.

Square one

The results were immediate. Within four days I started feeling ‘normal’ — I hadn’t been myself for eons; it felt like getting a new life! Two months later I was back, with a steady job and was going from strength to strength.

Unfortunately, this wasn’t the end of my demons. Over a year later a stressful phase triggered the old symptoms. When I consulted my counsellor, the horror of my depression struck me. Since it was ‘severe and recurring’, it meant I was prone to it and it had re-occurred. Meaning, recourse to anti-depressants whenever it occurred since it was a life-long ailment. However, I was convinced that there had to be a permanent solution to this.
Miracles do occur

Finally, I found an answer to my stress — a column by Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev in the Speaking Tree Column of the Times of India where he spoke about a technique to create a ‘favourable Inner Climate’ through yoga, so that no matter what was happening externally, internally you would be peaceful. After all, as he said, unless you are happy, you cannot be of use to the world. I signed up for the Inner Engineering programme and from then there’s been no looking back.

Through a process of simple asanas, pranayams and AUM chanting called the Shambhavi Maha Mudra I learnt to leave my problems far behind.

Now, depression is a distant memory that I recall only when I read about people committing suicide. If only everyone could do the right form of yoga  there would be no more depression, no more suicide.

I believe that those who are facing personal battles, like me, need not feel ashamed; help is out there. Use this tool that has shielded me from external situations along my path.

I feel all of yall's pain.  I have been on pain killers off and on for about four years now.  And that is all I want to do is takem.  No matter what it is hydro, oxy, perc.  If it is avalible I will buy it.  I am in a relationship with a great man we have been togather for 5yrs. at first we used togather mostly at night. But he decided he wanted to quit and stop wasting money.  So he will only do them every now and again. Me I do them everyday. As long as I can find some.  And I lie alot, steal, and have even cheated to getem. Our realtionship is going down the drain because of me. I have to quit.  But I dont like the w/d feelings so i always try to find just a couple, and that leads to more and more, I want to stop before I loose my man he is my best friend, but he doesnt understand addiction, he says just stop but it is not that easy.  
from reading these post i feel that i am not alone i have been using for just over a year every single day all but today i have 2 left so i had not taken them and i feel like crap and it has only been 7 hours my legs feel sure and week i feel like getting sick sweating and then i'm cold and i feel this tingling feeling all through my body and it's driving me crazy all i been doing is crying should i be feeling like this in just 6 to 7 hours and i to have a boyfriend of 10 years and he don't understand he says just stop i feel like i had no one here to help me get through this tough time but on this site is there anyway that i can step off this slowly i forgot to say what i take well they are vicks
percs,and narcs that's it i hate that i have put my self through this i have 2 kids that i want to see grow up but i know that if i keep taking these evil things i wont live to see them grow up i take anywhere between 8 to 13 a day plz what are some of the things ppl take or do to help them
I have been using 4 like 4 years now,My girl friend had a tummy tuck 5 years ago she got addicted 2 them an begged me 2 take one.Were both addicted 2 pain pills only percs. but ive been off 4 a week now and fill better, she still take them. if u are serious about stoping tell your doc and let him give u tramadol. its  like pain pills but not really a narcodict. take 2 a day at the same time, in the morning and it fills like what ever pain pill you are taking , the effect last all day. then in 2 week take 1 in the morning,for 1 week. then the 4th week stop cold turkey. you wont have any symptoms. only mild cravings. Now if your doc wont give them 2 u (REMEMBER  BIG COMPANYS MAKE ALOT OF MONEY OFF U BEING ON PILLS SO THE LAST THING THEY WONT U TO DO IS STOP TAKING THEM) get them the same way u get your other pills.Tramadol is the samething they give 2 herorin addicts 2 help them stop. U can do it . no 1 told me about that it was someting i did by myself. its amazing what u can think of an do when your sick an tierd of being sick an tired..MAY THE  GODS BLESS U ALL
I know what you are going through!  Congrats on quitting! Have you considered going to NA or Celebrate Recovery or some form of support group to help you deal with your cravings?  I quit OC and methadone in July and I have not touched either since.  It was the hardest thing I had ever done but I am soooooo glad I did.  I felt I couldn't go to any public support group but did have one trustworthy person that helped me through a lot of the crazy psychological issues.  I had things bubbling up from my past that I had not dealt with or thought of in years.  I am going through the depression still!  I feel like I was better when I was using!  I know that sounds ridiculous but its true.  I could focus, make decisions and just enjoy life while I was high and I can't seem to do anything now that I am sober.  Have you tried getting on anti-depressants?  I hope you hang in there and please don't just pop a pill in a couple of weeks because we all know that one pill turns into a million pills and all of the suffering you are enduring will be in vain!  Even with this depression I would never want go back to being addicted to pain killers.  You can do it!  
DO NOT listen to the guy talked about getting on tramadol folks!  It Is a terrible drug with more prolonged w/ds than vikes or percs due to the antidepressant qualities. It is touted as "non-narcotic which is crap. Read Emily Post and u will learn. I have been down both roads and I can tell you that regular short acting opiates are easier to get off of (can't speak for methadone). Please check it out before ever taking tramadol. I beg you. Good luck to everyone!  There is a better life out there and don't let the "just one" mentality get you when you feel free because that is what always gets me. This is a life long battle for true addicts. Peace- gettnclean
If you're still around.  And, hopefully you're not.  You're right where I am.  Two days sober after a 2-week taper.  Over two years of usage.  No oxys, just lortab, etc.  Up to 120 mgs. a day.  I even tried the Suboxone route, but it didn't take.  This has been pure WILLPOWER.  I'm maintaining with Clonidine, which is something I seriously recommend for w/drawal symptoms.  A doc can prescribe over the phone.  The prescription was only $4.  Feeling a little woozy, but no w/drawal symptoms.  However, I am seriously afraid of what comes next.  No energy, everything seems bland, no joy, or desire for anything.  At this point, this is my real concern.  What is Paws syndrome?  I saw that term in one of the postings.  Sounds serious.  About the best I can say is that from time to time, when I am engaged in something constructive, I forget about the damn pills.  I must believe that day-by-day, I will forget more and more.  My best to all of you.  This community has really helped me.
I am a 21 year old female. I have been addicted to opiates for the last 6 years; since my junior year of highschool. I started out only taking 5-10mg(1-2 pills) a day, then moved up to 10-15mg a day(3-4), then to 35mg a day(7.5+half of a 7.5 up to 3 times a day), and most recently I've gone up to 45-50mg a day(10mg+5mg 3-4 times a day). My pill bottle was getting really low a few days ago, but I kept telling myself that I would find a place to get more. Once I got down to about 9, thats when I started freaking out. Yesterday morning, I found someone to give me 3 10's. I took my last ones last night before bed. I haven't had any all day and I'm already starting to feel the withdrawal. I have RLS(restless leg syndrome) already, so I can only imagine how bad its going to be tonight. I've been reading about the best thing to do to help you through withdrawals(drinking water, hot showers, walking, exercise) but how the hell are you even suppost to get out of bed to do any of those things without a pain pill motivating you?! I take opiates for the 'feel good' high, which in my case, usually only lasts about 5-7 minutes. My husband doesn't understand how bad they can pull you in and when you don't have them, the actual aches and pains you feel. He tried to compare it to quitting smoking, which he is in the process of doing. I have 2 small children and I feel like I can't even get out of bed in the morning to be a mom without my pills. I want to be done with them, but then again, thats a lie. If someone came over and gave me a pain pill right now, I know I would take it, and I wouldn't even feel guilty because I would have a false sense of happiness for those 5-7 minutes, and then I would just go right back to wondering where I was going to get my next ones. I just feel like they make me a better, happier person. And when I know I have them there, I have something to look forward to. I have a prescription to be filled on Monday, and I am counting down the hours, minutes, seconds... until I have them In my hands.. How pathetic is that?!
Girl, you are not pathetic, your just dependent. It's no crime to have something to look forward to. The best thing about being clean and away from these little devils, is not having to build my whole day, week, month, around having my pills. I'm free! Before you quit for good, some good things to start 2 weeks prior is to get Vitamin b12 or even better, a vitamin B complex that contains all the B's. Get you C vitamins, and I started L-tyrosine for depression. All this stuff u can find at a healthfood store. Your really cheating yourself out of the joy of your children and your husband and just plain ole life. It is great to be clean but getting too that point does suck, but you won't die from withdrawals, but you could die from taking too many pain meds. Were all friends here, and been where you are, so make up your mind and lets get you clean!!!!
I have been taking oxy's for three years....I was a hardcore addict, taking over 80mg a day if not more. I decided to quit since opiods had taken over my life! you think about it all day everyday..from the time you wake up til the time you go to bed.  I had heard about the methadone clinic from a friend and decided to try that approach. after about three months of that, I thought it was a joke. I was trying to obviously get off of opiods but was taking something that was just as bad, and if I missed a day I would be extremely sick.  I would not recommend trying the methadone clinic!! But I discovered a pill called Suboxone...this drug has an ingredient in it that blocks your receptors from allowing you to get and feel the high that pain pills give you. I researched it and spoke with the doctor who prescribed it.  After reading into it and getting all my questions answered it seemed too good to be true.  I made my first appointment and started my treatment.  Three days into my treatment I couldn't believe what happened next.  I had no cravings what so ever, no thoughts of pills and didn't even feel like I had ever taken them before!! There were no withdrawals, body aches, fever, sweats, NOTHING!!! For the first time in three years I felt normal...which to all of you, you should understand what i mean.  To actually feel emotions again was really weird and hard at first. I was so used to only having a drug induced happiness, with the stress and thoughts of where and when to find more to keep the high and not be sick the next day.  I can't tell you all how much Suboxone  has changed my life.  I have heard and said myself that this is a miracle drug! Now being about seven months into treatment my doctor and I have started to drop my dose so that I can get off of this completly.  Even slowly getting off of suboxone I feel very little if any withdrawels.  The emotional and mental part of commiting to get off pain pills was very hard at first but after being put on this, like i said previously it's amazing how every thought was gone!!! I would stronly encourage all of you to at least do a little research on suboxone and if possible try to get started on this treatment as soon as possible! Suboxone has changed my life in every aspect and is giving me my life back, which i never thought would happen.  Pain pills seem so harmless to some people and I think no one really knows how dangerous they really are.  But to all of you, you have experienced the dangers and personally went through the life altering horrors of opiods. If any of you have and questions or want to know more please feel free to ask. Best of luck to all of you and it won't hurt to at least look into...this just may be what you have been waiting for to help you with your road to sobriety!
Linsy
i have been addicted to pain pills for a year now,, i tried so many times then i end up gettin a phone call from a drug dealer asking me if i wana buy pills off of him then i end up buying them... so how can i quit? and how long is the withdraws? i take about 30 pills a day oxycotton, norcos, viks, perks, lortabs,, you name it i take any kinda pills that get u high,,, so how can i stop and how long would it take me to pass the withdraws,, and the thing is i hate gettin up in the morning to work without pills i feel like calling in or cant get up or being lazy at work nd not feeling like doing anything at work... and cant sleep at night always itching losing my breaths swetting and cold all the sudden.. but this time im serious on deciding on quitting so answer my questions please about how long the withdraws last nd can you ever go back to the same person b4 you started poppin i mean can you be happy again in the future without pills? i feel all yall pain man
You might as well quit, you are already going through withdrawals every night!

You are taking a dangerous amount of medication from what you said- get just ONE thing and take what you have to to not be miserable, then taper down gradually. But you can't just be on the pill buffet, you have to be on one consistent dosage before you can plan to taper off.

When you get to the end of tapering off, you will have about 5 days of frank withdrawal symptoms, then it will slowly get better. It is SO worth it. You may need a support system on the addiction side, this is a mental process as well as physical.
P.S.- ANCIENT thread- copy and paste into a new post and you should get lots more help and replies...
Rx methadone is what I've been taking for 6 months. I stopped taking them for a while and actually didn't have withdrawals hardly at all and I thought I would.  Now that could just be how I reacted to it. But I took around 120mgs a day for two yrs of hydrostatic and percocets and eventually Roxy 30mgs
Keep fighting the fight everyone.
Keep fighting the fight everyone.
I should be clear about the methadone I was in response to the question asked about are there any meds to help withdrawals. Like I said the methadone has helped so much for me, I mean I have my bad days just like everyone else but things have gotten much better. I'm praying for all of you and keep on fighting its all you can do. Also there is a weaker but as effective medicine for withdrawls called suboxine. I have heard great things about it so give it a try.
Once ur and addict u can't use once I awhe without getting hooked again! So be careful!  I can tell u that the herb St Johns wort works really well to put u in a positive mood. Ne time a thought that would normally make stress/depressed enters ur mind the herb works to block ut out. I take it everyday. The vitamin valerian root also helps with anxiety and sleep so maybe u can try those. U can get them at ur wal mart.....congradulations on the clean time that's awesome!!!!!
I've been battling addiction issues for years....and for me it has always been connected to how I am "REALLY" doing mentally, emotionally, etc. When life is good and not too much stress I don't feel such a need for alcohol or opiates (pain killers). I was not a drug user until i hit my late thirties/early forties and i started having more aches and pains in my body and just not feeling as good as I had always felt. i had always enjoyed a social drink now and then or a glass of wine or beer at the end of a hectic and stressful day helped me to "wind-down" and cope. But i inadvertently discovered i liked opiates better than alcohol when i was prescirbed some for a surgical procedure. all of the sudden life was better for me and I felt  youthful again and had this high with opiates that life is good and everything is okay and that i was going to be okay.

But, ,the problem was....the highs don't last and you have to either keep using to get high or stay high or quit....so while you are using drugs it is like there is never any REAL PEACE in your life as you life just revolves around "when am I going to use next" and "where will I get more when I run out" and "I have to hide this usage from others" and convincing myself that I am not hurting anybody else and this makes me feel better, then so what? i felt that i deserved to feel better than I had been feeling and the drugs did help for while, or so I thought...i was most likely rationalizing and justifying and i became real good at it.

after awhile...I finally realized that my REAL problem was that I was overall just kind of depressed and I finally got help for that so i was then able to take further steps to stop using the "crutch of chemicals" to help me cope.;

I got counseling which I recommend as even more important than just taking medications. The medications help a person FEEL better, but they do NOT resolve the underlying issues that are CAUSING the depression....the various things that cause or contribute to depression are numerable!! I needed to address them one by one.

if there was a cheer squad i could join  i would be all for to encourage others and support others as i feel that is very helpful...to know that you are SO not alone....but the enemy of our soul likes to whisper in our ear: "You're all alone, baby. There's not help and no hope for you." Such deceit unfortunately has a success rate.

anyways, I am rambling and luckily this is a support forum so most folks here don't mind all the venting that goes on. reading the posts of others has helped me. thanks to all.

me2
my husband is going through all of this he tried to slow himself off by takin sabaxo or something like that but now that those are gone he is a scary person to be around dont get me wrong i love my husband dearly and know he would never lay a hand on me but the anger that i see come out in his is not the man i married and i want that man back he is trying so hard but he works so hard and is always in pain he has slipt a few times and he just has to start all over i need to know what i can do to be suportive foe me and my son because we just  need his to e healty please anything thing you could tell me to help him get through this and for me to understand i can use all the advise you can give pls
I am right along with you I understand my husband is going thew the same thing and he is very angry it is crazy and makes me feel sad. We have 2 kids together and he has been yelling at all of us he is just not him self I miss the husband that I had before the pills and maybe we can support each other threw this I keep telling myself that one day I will have my husband back and it will all be worth it the anger and the depression and all of it.
tramadol what can i say you can get addicted just like any thing else when you come off them you will have what they call heart paps man they suck im still hucked to pills and maby one day i can be breave like yall and come off but until then just dont start takeing them tramadol good luck to every one.
day two and I feel like I'm dying wow
My story is the same as most,started taking one pill for pain and as time went on i started taking them just to get high.
After a few years i was taking around 14-18 M357  pills per day just to feel normal.
I knew some day i had to quit and did not even like to take them anymore,but i was hooked.
11 days ago i told myself this is it i'm done,10 days ago i took 4 pills and felt a little shakey (shaky),only slept 3 hours,9 days ago i took a half pill and felt ok all day along so i decided to flush the 20 pills i had because i could not stop thinking about them and i thought i would give in and take more and more,Well that night the withdrawals set it big time,OMG i did not sleep a wink and i felt like i was going to die,my whole body hurt and i was wondering around all the next day with nowhere to go,This was the wosrt day of my life.I decided the next night to get drunk and i would sleep,but again it hurt so bad i only slept 3 hours.the The next day i worked a few hours but still felt like hell,I drank Nyquel the 4th night and slept 7 hours,
The 4th day i was very hard for me it felt like when i quit smoking,i didnt hurt bad but i was craving somthing big time.
Day 5 i felt pretty good slept ok,bad diaheia
Day 6 much better still had sleep trouble.
Day 7 very tired but felt good 9 hours sleep
Day 8 Feel great i think i'm gonna make it.
This was hell for me and i wish i would have weened off a little more before i flushed the rest of what i had.
Reading other posts on here helped me get through this because i did not feel alone,i had other people going through the same thing as me.
I called my supplier and told him dont sell me anyone pills no matter what,i am off these things and i don't want to get back on them.
If you are going through the withdrawals right now hang in there,It might seem like they are not going away but they will trust me it just takes time,Try to ween off if you can maybe it won't hurt as much,Drink lots of water,And BE STRONG you can do it if i can do it.
Hey I'm once again in the same boat to withdraw or be dope sick as they call it, take note the key word again I've kicked the drug about 5-6 times every time it takes min 2 weeks to 1 month to get over it, the crawling out of your skin feeling,being either really hot or really cold, sweats, running in and out of the bathroom, can't sleep, body aches, going though hell! might sound really stupid to have kicked it and to go back but believe it or not a lot of people do that, the problem is having to deal with stuff sober like for me my wife leaving me is what sent me back this time, depression is your worst enemy when it comes to staying clean, you need to figure out a program to stop you from going back for me I made it so I can't get anything else I dropped all my friends that used, don't hang around places that could trigger stuff, and things that make me want to use stuff, also having good people around when stuff get bad which I just got now I just need to kick it again which for me time is the problem I got child support courts always wanting me to do this and that I don't got 2 weeks to a month to just be sick and kick this when I do never will go back so good luck to everyone and I really hope you can stay clean once you kick it
This is an old thread.  Start a new one.  You know your won't stay clean until you really want it.  Many addicts stay in the revolving door for years.  I know because I was one of them.  Then something changed.

I'm in detox now, but not because I "went out," but because my Dr. presribed a medication Tramadol for my Arthritis.  I was on it for about 3 months and I started noticing different strange things about the drug.

I looked it up on the internet and found this website.  I wasn't on much, but I did taper a little and quit 2 days ago.

I am determined that these demon drugs will not ever get ahold of me again.

So put your boxing gloves on and kick some Drug A**.  You can do it, withdrawals are temporary, yeah they suck, but when you get that sweet taste of life again.   You have your children that need you.

If you don't already, start going to some meetings.
Well it's been 3 weeks now since i took pills and from the time i quit till now  was a very slow recovery.A tiny bit better each day,On day 22 and i pretty much feel as good as i think i'm going to(real good).
The sleep problems that i had before i started taking pills is still here so i have decided to give pot a try to help me sleep,last night i ate a tiny bit of pot and in 1 hour i was out like a light.I know this is a lot better for my body than pills and the cost is about 50 cents a dose.
I know that you can't OD on pot,its natural,it also works better than any over the counter sleep meds i have found.I will post again in a week or two and let you know how this is working for me,P.S sure glad to be off all them pills.
ugh so glad to know others are out there.. im on day 2!! FEELING LIKE HELL!!  have been taking about 6-10 vics, or percs, a day for the past 3 yrs! just really wanna have a normal life feeling again! when will this happen?? have really know one else to talk to :((
Good for you the worst days for me was 2-3,I was taking about double what you were so i don't know what that difference will be .
Hang in there you will feel a little better  every day,i'm on like day 27 and it seems like only a few days ago when i was taking them but i feel great.
The turning point from feeling bad to good is around day 7-10 so you do have to be strong till that point.
But please do not take any more or you will have to start all over again and thats going to make it even harder.
After day 3 the hardest part is no sleep,so be ready with somthing for that cause it ***** being tired and sick.
I now use pot at bed time and it knocks me out with a great feeling in the morning,So good luck and drink lots of water.
people are looking for a answer here.... not your life story.... i have some answers for yal... but i would like to share my story as well.....

iv been taking pain pills since i was 18.. it just took hanging out with that one wrong person to get me started on them.. i dident even know what a pill was.   after that iv found my self relying on pills to just have fun, to get threw the day, to make me happy, and to guarantee a good time when i go out.  

i have quit taking pills 4-5 times.... KNOW THAT EVERYTIME I HAVE QUIT TAKING PILLS, 3-4 DAYS LATER I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER.. ALMOST LIKE IM HIGH ON A PILL , BUT NO PILL!!

truth is, when you quit taking pills, that pain, and depression your going threw is your body's true colors coming out... alllll those pills you have taken cause pain in your body.... thing is... you never feel it because your ( high on pills all day ) and when you do feel it... you take another pill to take the pain away.

that is not the way to go the rest of your life!!

take some of my steps of getting off this controlling substance.

step 1: ( go tanning )
believe it or not... when you tan your skin, either sun light or artificial light ... the U.V.B rays release a chemical in your body that makes you feel good. resent study's show that you can actually get addicted to tanning.... that's because of how good it makes you feel...
try it,,, it works for me every time :)

step 2: (drink tea all day)
here is another good thing to do... drink tea all day like its water. Tea has a lot of good things for your mind and body in it. plus you want to detox as quick as possible. tea also supplies antioxidants which clean out your system very very good. Another one of my tricks to get threw this mind game with the with draws :)

step 3: (natural supplement sleeping aid)
you can find these at CVS, Walmart, ex... and they go anywhere from 4 - 7 dollars.. but they do work.. they help you get a real good natural sleep with out that hang over feeling like if you was to take Tylenol PM.

step 4: (eat lightly)
when you eat a lot of food... it makes it harder for your body to work on other things,, such as your pain... and it may weigh you down, make you feel tired, Bord, and maybe even want a pill even more... try to eat as little as possible... eat dark chocolate, its good for your mind and body.

and step 5: ( hot shower/bath )
taking a hot shower will make your mussels in your body feel much better and more relaxed... especially if you have restless legs .. like i do.

i hope i have help you with at least somthing... really try my steps.. it is the best way i have found... im with drawing as i type.. if i dident do my steps i would be laying in my bed not wanting to move.
              god bless everyone

my last step would be,,, ask jesus to help you threw you pain and strugle. iv been high on god so many times in my life... all it takes is feeding your holy spirt. read a bible, prey, go to church, talk to a freind that beleavs in jesus. he will help you, just beleave and trust that he will..
( ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE )
Iv been addicted to pain pills on and off since tenth grade and by off i mean for a couple of days i got drawn into the awful magnet of the pill game by having connections and selling them to fein first then becoming one i was taking the big boys ocs for like two years now a couple 80s a day and a wonderful opana whenever i could find them those where my fav. and before that it was extensive handfuls of tabs and perk.  withdraws are awfull they truly are.  Iv been through the worst of it like most of u what i found that helps me stay clean is suboxone its a haploid tht feels in your opoid receptors and makes your withdraw ten tens better and u can sleep! but take it in amounts tht u can handle it doesnt take much and u can become physically dependent on them too.  Another thing that helps me is a big fat *** blunt of some killa dro which isnt habbit forming and will help you sleep.  And time will heal it all.  spoken by an was been addict.
Hello all, I've been useing for about 2 months and i was doing perk 30's and towards the end of my addiction i was taking about 5 a day. I decieded to quit cold turkey because i started stealing to get them, i almost lost my fiance, and now im going to court for shopplifting. I've never done anything like that before. I'm a very smart person and wouldnt have ever done that if i wasnt useing. My w/d's started about the 2nd day. I was extremely depressed and just wanted someone to tell me it was ok and they were there for me. I was also shaking and my body ached. It felt like it was only getting worse untill i decieded to quit being a baby and force myself to do stuff and make myself happy. It takes alot of will power to just do it, someone you used to love to do just isnt fun anymore, but if you just do it, eventually you will remember why it makes you happy and you will find yourself again. Its also nice to see that we aren't alone.  thank you all for listening, or reading. lol.

ps. sober now 8 days.
My boyfriend and I started taking Tabs about 3 months ago it stated out just a few every now and then when we'd get some ( no big deal ) then we started getting 30 to 40 a piece every two weeks and taking like 2,3,4 a day. My boyfriend thinks hes not addicted I know that we are, we take pills alomost everyday. When I dont have my meds I get really grumpy and mean every little thing gets to mee. We are spending money we dont have on them and when I try to talk to him about it he goes stright into denial. Im worried that this is going to become " out of hand "  I never thought id become addicted and were not at FULL blown addiction but im sure this is how people get there...I just pray im strong enough to beat this before were too far gone :(
To All Above,

I don't know how to make a new thread so I am just going to say it here. My husband and I have moved away from our home town to begin our recovery. I know everyone cannot do this, however we were fortunate enough to be able to.  We both have been going to a Pain Management Specialist for several years. I have been on Perocet 10 2 every 8 hrs for 8 plus yrs, plus 2 yrs ago for break thru pain he gave me Roxycodine 15 mg 1 every 12 hrs. Same for my husband, however, I never took more than I was given. He would steal mine from me as his would only last him for one week. Eventually I left him and took our daughter hoping that it would make him realize what he was loosing.  It didn't help.  After being gone for a year and a half I moved back in. Now we have been off of everything for about a week and a half, and I can tell you it is hard. However every day does get easier. Follow the advice , and don't replace one pill for another.  I still am only sleeping a couple of hours a night, and feel tired, and am crying every so often.  I left my 21 year old son behind, and he also has an addiction. So I feel a lot of guilt for that. I am an enabler so I felt it was better for him to leave and let him grow up. But now a good friend of mine's son who played football with my son passed away from suicide due to a long addiction. I am so afraid for my son, and now feeling a lot of emotions for leaving him.  I cannot wait till we are free of this drug all together, and pray my son gains the will power to quit.  I know I can't do this for him, he has to wan't to quit on his own.  I will not go back to taking pills ever again.  I just wish that the withdraws were over already... Thanks for letting me vent.....    Please Pray for my Son.....   TYVM
November 4, 2010

I have been taking pills for 29 years. I was given Valium at the age of three by my grandmother in the hopes to relieve my anxiety attacks...In which i would rock back and forth and shake because of severe abuse. Every time i was upset, or emotional, I was handed a Valium. And since I had a traumatic life, I was given lots of Valium!!! When i became a teenager i started getting headaches so my father would give me percocets, furocets, vicodine and tylonal codiene 40s. He has an endless supply since he has Aids. So that meant... I had an endless supply.
I didn't really think i had a problem considering this was a way of life for me and my family. My fathers Doctor would prescribe me Valium and Percs since i was 17-to 26.
It was when i was twenty two and i started stealing them from my father if i had run out. I started taking them at least ten to twenty a day, that"s when i realized i had a problem. Through my twenties, I would ween myself off with codeine or Valium. but this only lasted a few weeks to a month and then mentally from the moment i awoke the pills were on my mind. At twenty seven my Doctor cut me off. So i started taking my fathers Morphine pills and took them for about five months when  decided i was going to stop again. This time it wasn't that easy. My body shut down, as i woke up i started vomiting,then the diarrhea came. I felt like a thousand people were hitting me with hammers. I couldn't even talk. My body was shaking so bad. I was so scared but didn't have insurance to go to rehab and everyone i contacted told me IF i didn't to go on methadone i would die. I contacted a pain management Doctor and he gave me percriptions for soma, Valium,percs,anti nausea,and a sleeping liquid and a anitriptiline for depression, and fuerocet.
The old me would of thought "hell yeah party time!" However, It shocked me how easy it was to die! I decided to make a pack and i got a calender. The first three days i took 8 percs and slept as much as possible,The next three days i went down to 7, Three days later down to 6, and so on... every three days taking one pill less until i was down to a half, and then to a quarter half, and then done. I honestly will say if i didn't have the sleeping aids and the pills for depression i don't think i would of made it alive. I stayed sober for almost a year. I went to meetings, i saw a counselor but because i was still given a huge amount of pills by my Doctor. They were always around. I would help friends who were in the same boat ween off, but in time the temptation was there.
Now, I am 33 years old and since then i have weened my self off and on pills about ten times but i always went back because i did it for the wrong reasons. I stopped for everyone else.

A month and a half ago... It took me two weeks to ween off of Morphine 30 mgs to Percs 15 mgs and another two weeks to 5mg and now i am on 3.2mg a day. Today is my fourth day weening off of percs on this dosage. I have been sick with body aches, chills,vomiting,and fatigue,and i can't sleep at night but nod off all day. Tomorrow i go down to 1mg and will continue that for three days. What i am doing is very dangerous... it always has been. But i want to live for me! and no one else! and i will do what ever it takes to beat this. I have started going to NA classes and seeing a therapist. The emotions i am dealing with are worse then the pain of withdrawals. Imagine your whole life numbing all your pain through this ****. Now i have to learn to feel and that's the scariest part. I wish you all luck! If you have the means and insurance go to a Doctor get help!!! Tell someone YOU CAN TRUST AND WHO WILL HELP YOU, and see a counselor asap. If you don't get help or quit you will die, I have had seven friends who were taking less then i ever was and now they are gone. My liver is probably damaged but it's better than death. Don't get on methadone! because i have friends who have done that to and ten years later they are still doped up on that crap. It's trading a monkey for gorilla. Also pray!!! because there is a Higher power that will help you...just trust you will be better and want it as bad as i do!
Wow. Weaning off, I think is the best way to go. I have been using pills off and on for years, but straight for about a year now. I straight up can't stop. Well, I know I can, but I know it's going to hurt, and I'm afraid of the withdrawls. Last week I tried to stop on my own. I lasted 1 1/2 days before I got high again. Then today I tried to stop again, and I was okay until the evening approached and my body started feeling like ****. So I had a half of a pill. I snorted half of it this evening, and plan on trying to go without anything tomorrow. I hope that weaning off makes the withdrawl (withdrawal) a little more tolerable.
Day 5 for me !! And what help me was the fact was I was pissed how my Dr.'s office made me feel , been taking perc-10 about 5 to 7 a day for bout 4 yrs , got tired getting to the end of the month and counting them ...Then going thru getting them filled each month. This time my Dr was out of town and other Dr.'s at office said No !! I would have to wait the 3 days til he was back or go to the ER , i WAS PISSED 1 that I was gonna run out , but mostly I dont like anyone telling me what to do , Im a grown Man ....so get MAD AT IT !!
Hi everyone i am new to the site but just want to introduce myself my name is Sean A.K.A LifenSin.. good name for me because thats all my life seems that im in day to day is in sin.. i am glad to hear i am not alone out here right now in this boring cruel world it seems. I have had a drug addiction since the age of 10 years old and have struggled through the past 14 years through many challenges that i figured drugs would take away and they did for the moment but in the end it only makes things worse.. in the begging it started with weed then moved on to many other things like cocaine, xtc, and popping several different types of pills i have about tried every type in the book when it comes to anitdepresents and pain killers.. but my most recent failure is pain killers and some stuff called blue silk which should honestly be illegal.. that **** will ruin your life like it did mine.. but it also made me realize the mistakes that i was making in life and the people i was hurting around me over the years.. all i have done  over the years is lie cheat and steal not only from the ones that truly loved me but also from my self. and it is time to stop doing it all i have a family to look out for and honestly everything i have done in life has ruined my life more then it has actually helped me.. the first step is accepting and then going forth with trying to quit for good... i am on day two and honestly i still feel like im high on something.. i was only taking pain pills for the last 9 months about 4 to 6 loratabs a day then moved on to about 5 roxicodones 30mg a day.. and i feel like str8 shitt fo real.. my back hurts my head hurts my legs extremly hurt and i look like i am comming off a crack benge or something and it is horrible i hope these bags go away under my eyes because they were never there before..  got the sweats hot and cold constantly cant sit still, aggetated you can name it all and bed time seems so far away and so hard to go to sleep i only slept like 2 hours last night total.. and i know this is only the beggining what can i do to help all this pain and soon depression please help someone
day 7 for me.. i've been taking anything that stand for pain pill.. it ***** but i feel better now about myself.. i lost my dad 2 months ago from cancer in his liver.. i was on them for like 2-3 years and now i woke up from a nightmare. i'm glade i made the right choice.. i lost a dear friend of mine cause of my pill popping she was there for me for my dads death.. now i feel better not taking them.. i take melatonin to help me sleep at night.. so i get the craving to take them but i think back how **** up my mind was in i was on them... we all can do it.. take care everyone :)
ok so i have a question.. my boyfriend is hooked on pain pills and he takes about 10 a day sometimes more. he forgot to take some to work today is having the worst day ever but he has been wanting to stop. so now he is going to go cold turkey.. but he says he is stopping forever..that he is going to just take them for fun like on random weekends... do you think that is a good idea. i dont know the feeling of being addicted but will he be able to handle just taking them every now and then after he needs them everyday??
I am 21 years old and have been an addict sense I was 15 years old.. I used to be addicted to Xanax and had one of the most painful, scary withdraws you could imagine, i have been addicted to Pain Pills for several years now, I picked them up because i was just as addicted to snorting something as the actual buzz.. its like i have to have something in my nose... Im on my first night of trying to come down cold turkey... Im having muscle aches BAD (been laying in hot water), my nose is bleeding a little, goosebumps, chills, and i feel the craps coming on... any tips?
    have you gone through detox before and had  D/Ts
I have been clean off of opiates for 1 and a half weeks...  I had to miss work a couple of days and my doctor put me on antidepressants/anti-anxiety meds.  I wish I never ever took those awful pills!  They don't even really work that well for real pain.  They just make you forget about your problems.  I'm trying to be strong for my family but I feel like I will never be the same again.  I feel permanently damaged both mentally and physically.
This is a very old forum - please repost your question as a new forum ok?

You have been off opiates longer than me, so congrats! I'm on day three and already feeling a lot better. Boy do they not work well for pain! I don't know why the heck doctors prescribe them for anything because I can't see what purpose they serve besides getting people addicted and trapped.

Look, you aren't permanently damaged. You were attracted to those pills for some reason or other so GO TALK TO A THERAPIST and find out why. There is no easy answer to our problems in life. I am depressed and take Welburtin, but you might not need it. Doctors always just want to give out drugs instead of really treating people or helping them heal. Therapists are much better - they help you work through what's on your mind. Each counseling session is hard on me but I always walk away with a new epiphany. Slowly but surely I am trying to get better and get to know myself. Those pain killers really were just killing your life. You get to go on a whole new journey to discover who you really are. How exciting, right?? I remember myself a few years ago, before my divorce, before I lost everything I worked for. I was strong, healthy, rode my horse a few times a week, got out in the sun. I liked that woman. I look forward to being her again - rather than the overweight, wine-guzzling **** I am at the moment. =) Look forward to the new day, not backwards to the past you didn't dig on anyway. You wouldn't be in this forum if you liked you old life.

Onward!
-J
I see everyone dealing with the same thing. I came to this website looking for help and answers, it's not that I don't sympathize with each and everyone of you but I want answers. It is time for everyone looking to quit to take action. The only way I see out is the suggestion to exercise and force ourselves to be active. It can only help, not hurt, if we lay around and wait for the feelings to pass time will stop moving and depression will set in. I want my life back, good luck to everyone and god bless.
Keep moving!!!
OMG i feel all your pain it started with .5 perks when i had my wisdom teeth pulled then i would buy 7.5 vikes but would only do them on my day off. then i found i could take them at night and still be able to go to work the next day. so i moved up to 15.mg roxys i get 90 a month and there gone in like 2 weeks then im on the hunt trying to find any thing and i am normaly successful any where from 12 to 15 dollars for 1 15mg roxy so i end up spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars till i go see my doctor and the cycle starts all over again i hate i hate it when i dont have them i cant do the things i did when i on them i am a big gamer and call of duty black opps is my **** i used to be able to play it with out a pill but with out i dont wanna play i hate this feeling but i know its my own falt i am doing the samething i used to scream at my mom about. My mom died 4 years ago of a heart attack but i know it was because of all the damn pain pills she was taking and now look at me. knowing theeese damn things killed my mom and im going down the same road. i was reading earlier post about a guy that took traimod 2 a day for a week then 1 a day for a week and he said that he had no w/d so i am going to try that and i will let eveyone know how that works. Thats my story thanks to anyone that reads i now know im not alone
I know we all hate these drugs ...but we have to rember we let it get this way ..my sister went on saboxen and worked for her she will play here and there but she says its ok cause it only once a month ...but when she was having withdraws her doc told her to take a few ounces of water and put two tea spoons of baking soda in it ...I quit cold turkey using this method and it does help ...I'd rather have everyone try this to help ease the symptoms and not go from one evel drug to another ...if saboxen or ? Is wat u need please do it, its a start and trying to quit and failing is better in my mind then just not trying so any of u battling the with draws please try the water and baking soda it really does help I have had over 8 people try it and its help them so much ...I pray and hope for the best for all off us ...no one is a low life here were all great and trying
Recovering addict.  That's what I am I guess.  Stopped drinking through AA back in 1984 at the tender age of 20...major family history of alcoholism and drug abuse...a bunch of functioning ****-ups really.  Stayed "sober" until 2006 when hydrocodone came into my life.  I had experience with pain meds before but didn't know what all of the fuss was about until I was seen in our local ER for a ganglionic cyst on my wrist that had burst.  Lots of pain and swelling so the attending ER physician prescribed Darvocet--yeah I know lightweight.  Up until then, I had never taken anything...mostly out of pride that I didn't need anything but those little buggers took the pain away and made me feel like I was on Cloud 9 to boot.

Fast forward a few years to 2006 after our second child and my wife was prescribed Percocet’s because she was healing from a caesarian section.  I popped a few of those and they really helped my back pain.  A couple of trips to the doctors-didn’t mention to them that I was an recovering alcoholic with 20+ years of continuous sobriety (that I had an addictive personality)—and before I knew it I had a script for 30 Hydrocodone 10s.  Got sick a few times on those and should have stopped then but alcoholics/addicts are inventive enough to find a new way to get high rather than find new ways to live.  I was referred to a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor and now I was getting 75 5/500 hydrocodone/Tylenols monthly along with sleeping medication.  Thus began a near 3 year odyssey-that’s putting it nicely-of addiction to Hydrocodone and Percocet.  Lots of fights with the wife, stealing from friends, neighbors, and relatives…just like booze the **** is everywhere.  If I were to move to the frozen tundra of the Yukon Territories, surely some indigenous tribesman would show up with a bottle of hydro’s in his pocket to ease his arthritic pain and the con would begin all over again.  

The **** really hit the fan when in Christmas 2008 my wife outed me in front of her father and stepmother.  Talk about being stripped naked.  I began attending NA and was clean and sober again until this past fall 2011 when once again I wanted to prove that I could control this ****.  I had a doctor write me a script for a **** load-20 oz. that is- of hydrocodone syrup for a really bad cough.  It was in actuality “a really bad cough” but I could have taken something from the over the counter selection of meds.  I chose this path—with a head full of NA tools—I trudged forward.  With alcohol there is no question—I am an alcoholic…one’s too many and a hundreds not enough.  However, with this stuff-which is really the precursor to heroin if not heroin incarnate due to it’s opioid nature—has a strong hold on me.  And just like alcohol my friend King Hydrocodone turned on me and stopped working the way I wanted it to.  That’s when addiction becomes a real *****.  Do you up the ante and move on to something that will once again do the trick for a while or do you cash in and quite while you're ahead?

So now after several months of stealing from relative's and friend's medicine cabinets again and conning doctors and dealing with the wife’s suspicions, I was outed once again by my wife in front of her sister.  This time I was stealing the sis-in-law's pain meds while we're on our summer vacation—I am now one day clean.  Sober no, clean yes.  This time as it was when I was a practicing alcoholic, I fell from the precipice because of resentments.  I stopped going to meetings, stopped reading my NA literature, stopped asking for help from God to stay clean and sober in the morning and stopped thanking God for keeping me clean and sober before I turned in each night.  Resentments have the power to actually kill a person.  That’s what I read in the AA literature many years ago and its power to kill hasn’t changed since.  I was the one who changed.  So now it’s on to a Narcotics Anonymous meeting in Detroit to pick up another white key tag.  The real kicker will be when I call my sponsor and go to my home group back in Titusville, Florida.  Yes I should have called my NA sponsor BEFORE I picked up that drug.  But I wanted to be high more than I wanted to be clean.   Once again I was “inventive enough to find a new way to get high rather than find new ways to live”.  Please, keep me in your prayers.
I don't think there is any questions here...you are an addict.  I'm not judging you by any means, but if there was any doubt as to wheither or not you were an addict, you wouldn't be here.  Normal (non-addict) people don't contemplate the thought of "am I an addict".  If you are asking yourself that question, then the answer is yes.  You are.

It sounds like you know the ropes and you know what to do to get clean.  You just have to do it.  I think the hardest thing for me (and it sounds like for you too) is accepting that this is a life-long struggle.  You will always be an addict.  I'm sorry...but that's just the way it is.  Of course, you don't have to be an active one.  You know and have seen first hand what this disease can do to you, your life, your loved ones and anyone else that is in your life.  I don't think anyone needs to tell you what to do here.  Stop using, get yourself to an NA class and find the support you need to stay clean.  Don't worry about what your fellow NA members will say.  We have ALL been there.  We have ALL relapsed.  Think about what went wrong, and why you went back to using, and take the steps necessary to correct the problem and dont let it happen again.  If you don't change the way you are tackling this problem, then the chances of another relapse are high.  Think about what went wrong, and do whatever it takes to not let it happen agian.

And this thread is really old.  It might be better to start a new thread as some people may skip over this one since it's a few years old.  This is a great site, and you will find much support here.  But find support outside of this site as well.  You will be in my prayers.  Good luck to you and please keep us posted on your recovery.

-Axl
i know all yalls pain. i stoped methadone 240 mgs a day  ccold turkey. was dieing.. then i found i could have died. noww ive went back to the lortab 6 _ 8  a day. methadone took me 45 days of worst w/d ever. so i think 2 to 3 days is a breeze. in last 2 days ive taken 4 tens. i wanna quit so bad n i have 4 left. i hhave to work doing heavy tires every day n i dont know if i can do  it. the sickness is so bad. tell me what to do plz. any help is apreceated. ive been off methadone for 4 months now. its gone n been on tabs a month.

Hi everyone, I share your pain, I'm going through the same as all of u, & I'm addicted to fentanyl patches. I was in a bad work accident 20 years ago & my doc,trying to help with my pain, took me from percs to oxy's to Fentanyl.  My Uncle is a doctor as well & he said he can get me descreetly on methedone to help me get off it. I got myself down to 2-50s everyother day but the withdrawls are unbearable. Not only am I fighting the electric shocks, no sleep & no drive, but I own a construction company & I set the pace for the guys.  And I can barely function let alone keep up with guys half my age.  Methedone is just as hard to kick as all this stuff so I'm afraid to even try it!  I'm considering pot because I smoked it a lot when I was young & never had a problem stopping. I'll keep u posted. I'm so happy I found u guys!  One thing that is helping is ready inspirational books like The Secret and Healing with herbs as well as several others along that line, the Bible has helped too. I'm spirituaal, I believe in a higher power! I think we all need it.  Good luck to u all!
well  . . .like most i am 24 yrs old married to a man that works to much a full time mother and responcibilitys like anyone eles but use that to keep my addiction fuming,i cant clean with out them i cant feed the dogs with out them everyone suffers when im on them or when im not it seems to be a revolving door of hell,i been addicted to percs for about a year now i take perk 5 10 and 15 the 15s are the best and the worst id say i WD the worst off the 15s i have done terrible things to get them like other people have said i save every fricken dime so i can buy more their r times when i cant get them its maybe 2 days untill sme 1 has another refill but those 2 days r the longest 2 days in my life then i feel the real effects my stumic hurts from the damage of eating them things i sweat thru multiple Tshirts at a time i cant play w my kid a can barley feed her! its not fair my plan is to gradually cut down then have a "QUIT" date when no one is around to where i can scream cry take baths and get thru the worst and hopefully move on and start to repair my soul body mind financis and relationships
         i wish luck to everyone in this HORRIBLE position
Hello This  goes out to everyone thats taking pain pills zanax or any other pill to get high. i my self never took pills other than tylanol . my daughter just died 2 weeks ago of an overdose of pain pills and zanax. please stop before you die she was 32 years old and left a 10 year old child behind. I have nothing else to tell you the withdrawals are better than loosing your life.
I've been in the same boat and have quit once and slipped back, after 3 weeks..now I'm 13 days off Hydrocodone..and feeling mentally stronger but still physically crappy..with a spike of depression...that's new to me..not usally a problem.

.
I quit alcohol nearly 10 years ago and forgot a few things I learned in AA..After all the bullcrap..a sober lifestyle..is a buzz more powerful that any drugs..I'm sorry to learn this all over again  I had 3 surgeries in 7 months and I think that's were the buzz mentality came back..I'm not making excuses..I know better from my AA association..I'll probably go
back after 30 days clean..Good Luck !   Regards..Zeke
ooppss..oh dear..that post was from 2006 !  Hope the author has moved on.. into..a sober
life..and best regards !
I grew up watching my mom abuse her drug medication. By the time I was 12, my older sister started going down the same path. I always told myself I would never be like them. I am now 20 years old and am going through withdrawal again. My mother and sister still abuse pain pills, muscle relaxers, nerve pills and anxiety medication. I don't even know why I did my first pill besides the curiosity growing inside me, but I instantly loved the high. It began last year, snorting percocet and vicodin. At the most, it was only 15-20mg of oxycodone/hydrocodone a day. I never messed with anything more than 5's or 10's, but before I knew it I was taking in 30mg a day. I would snort half of a percocet 30 and I would be good for 4-5 hrs. I now snort 1-2 at a time while swallowing 3-4 5's. Its not just the pain pills either. Its adderall (adderrall), vyvanse or any other kind of upper. I went through 10 30mg adderall (adderrall),  300mg percocet and 80mg of hydrocodone in almost 3 days. I decided its time to stop when I'm taking 10 of the 5mg percocet at once. I tired to quit almost a month ago, but quickly relapsed after one week. My withdrawal symptoms included a horrible sinus infection, muscle aches, extreme headaches, fatigue, diarrhea and nausea. Those were just the physically symptoms. It's the mental/emotional symptoms that are the worst. I haven't had a pill all day and so far and I just woke up with a stiff neck and feeling sick to my stomach. I also noticed I have a slight fever. I keep doubting myself. I don't know how I'm going to make it. Its all I know now and nothing is the same without them. That first morning snort is what gets me going and they keep me moving though-out the day. I can't feel happy about anything. I don't look forward to anything. There is nothing else that I want. Depression is what caused me to relapse during my first attempt. I think the only way to get over the depression is to find something else that fills that void. Unfortunately, in my case, when I quit I go back to smoking marijuana 24/7. Its a nasty cycle and I wish you and everybody else the best and I encourage you to stay strong. Hopefully I will be able to.
im also struggeling with pain pill addication, i need to stop or im go to jail, i quit today for 12h and got a pill, i dont enjoy the buz im so upset with myself and am going to throw my life away, the biggest problem i hav is work, i hav a phyical job and work is my life, i think if i hav someone to talk to it will help, does takeing sleeping pills help? please everyone i dont want to lose my life, my mom, dad and boss r really workin with me for my legal situation they dont no about my addication, just would like to hav someone to talk to and if anyone knows any little tricks to make it a little easyer, like vitams and stuff
hi my name is omar and i am 16  yrs old.  i  have been addicted to pain killers for 3 years. how i started was that my mom had these pills called hydrocone. one day my friends told me that there were cool to snort  so then i took like 20 of them.  then i went over to my friends house . he had a pill crusher and a id to make lines and a dollar bill for the tutor . so then i did like 5 10mg hydrocodne i was so ****** up .but i liked it so then .later in life i started wit the oxys .but then one of my friends died ,cause he took four oxy 80s  that was hardcore . but i started to shoot up oxys ds morph herion
Kicking log day 10:
After a very negative interaction with prozac, I had to cease 20mg oxycodone cold turk. Bad thing for me, couldn't wean down because if the adverse reaction which seems to have made my w/d longer resulting in  fatigue, insomnia, horrendous migraines, restlessness, fever, nausea, and  stage 4 - terminal  RLS.  Have decided to cut off my legs, but am now sure best way to do so. I am thinking maybe a circular saw, but fear that might leave me with soreness. Perhaps a cleaner way would be guillotine or rail car. Was wondering if anyone else has had a similar reaction with Prozac and Oxycodone?? Just spent 40 bux on pepto, hyland's, excedrin (migraine and pm.) Nothing really helping. How bout some cabernet?
Hello, I know this seem like nothing compared to the stories that i've been reading. I take a norco 10/325, i only take 1 every nightl. is this something that can become a addiction? please give any advise. have only been taking for about 3wks,  it just helps me sleep.
If you want feedback..it would be best to start your own post. This thread is from 2006!
Thank you Bocephus!
I am now on day 10 quitting 10/325 Norco's after five years or so and your humor about cutting off your legs had me in stitches because I know what your feeling. I think you may have kick started my natural endorphins, thank you for that. I wish you all the best....For ronnie692... STOP NOW WHILE YOU CAN! One a night is too much, that's where it started for me and believe me you will not stop at that if you continue.
I've been taking pain pills for awhile. Idk how long exactly but it started after a surgery I had and I got addicted. Then I slowly kept increasing how many then moved onto stronger stuff. I can't go a single day without them, I'm trying to quit but I took some just last night and this morning I feel terrible...any suggestions? I don't want this to ruin my life cuz I'm still young
Hey I use to be like on oxy80s and anything stronger and I was never doing it legally I use to sell them and then started taking them for years but I kicked it it took a good min but I did it the best thing is to stay strong and find something to keep u busy and for the ***** gatorad or something like that vitamin water something more then water because u got to drink alot of water to make it help anything and corn starch helps to put 2 tablespoons in a cup of water it helps and a lot of putasim like bananas and yes I can't spell so hope what I write helps and u under stand but keep strong and keep god in ur life for alittle more help
I have been on pain killers for a yr. I have been clean off of them for 4 days, pushing myself hr. By hr. Its hard but I just have to think about my daughter, husband, and finances. I started taking them bc when I was pregnant I had bad migraines. I was taking anywhere from 2-3 a day if I had migraine and none if I didn't. I didn't think I would get hooked. After I had my daughter my migraines stopped and I just took them for the energy. She is 6 months old. I was up to 6-10 (depending on if i could find them or not) mixed with either roxycotin 30 mg or anywhere between 20mg-80mg oxycotin. I tapered myself down then just stopped. Its only been 4 days but I'm very proud of myself bc I honestly didn't think I could do it. keep encouraging yourself every 5 mins, 15 mins, an hr, just whatever u need to do to not take any. I still have the urge every sec but I just think about the withdrawl (withdrawal) and shame. I also got prayed for by my uncle. He is a preacher and it helped alot. He has experienced addiction so I took some of his advice. My husband is addicted too and this is his first day clean off the pain pills but not xannax. I still keep my faith in him, though, bc I love him and I know how hard it is. I encourage him as much as I can bc I know it helps me. Just try and keep ur mind occupied, such as a job, it really does help w the depression. Stay around sober ppl and a loving, supporting family.  It will help keep ur mind from thinking you NEED the drug bc u don't. You body has just been so used to it that it doesn't want to except the change. Also, this is your life. Try to remind yourself it isn't going to get any easier than it will right now. Use your will-power and try to find something u like. I listen to lot of music bc it relaxes me. You will soon realize that its easier to be clean than to find the drug and find the money to pay for it everyday. Look at your life. We have a lot going for us. We could be in a much worse situation. Keep ur faith in god and prayer. If u think u have no one you have jesus right by your side. Through this all. The devil will tell u just one more won't hurt you but just ignore him and listen to god! You will do great. Message me, anyone, if u need to!!
This comment is for all of you that are saying "I'm done with this!"  I have a friend right now that is going through some really hard withdraws from taking hydro and something else much stronger.  Seeing the withdraws hurts so bad.  I can't do anything to help him so I sit and talk to him and get him food and drinks and hold his hand.  I am so very proud of him and for all of you for quiting.  Pain killers should be the number one drug easy to get and easy to kill.  So for all of you out there...Keep fighting and keep staying sober.  Your life isn't boring...it's just beginning!!!!!!
I am 22 years old and I have been on pain pills since I was 14 and all I can say is its a daily struggle of survival jus to find a percent in just the past 2 years I have exceeded myself to oxycontin and heroin but I don't shoot up I quit the heroin I only tried that on and off fa a 2 mths. Here lately I jus been doin low miligram percs bcuz im trying to quit and I've been doing good these past few months I feel for anyone who goes through the withdrawals its like u want someone to put u outta ya misery im getting clean for my 2 kids and my family and exspecially for my health I pray everyday I don't relapse so far its worked I want a different life I've hit rock bottom I want to b able to get my kids bk and have a normal life I want to b able to love something that loves me bk and doest want to slowly kill me everyday
Hang in there sweetie!
I'm a female 45. I never would have thought I would try pills for fun, but I did/do. I feel like I can stop when I want still.  I feel the flu symptoms when I stop cold turkey...and the hot flashes are crazy! like one every 20 minutes but after a week they are gone and I usually last about a month before I start getting super bored and need them again. I have a endless supply of all kinds of pills, anything my heart desires thanks or should I say no thanks to my husband. I really think he likes keeping me pilled up. Which is weird, to say the least. Right now I haven't had one for a day or two. I know if you do stop taking  pills you need to keep going and doing stuff to keep your mind off of them...here's what I do to get off them, hope help someone else.

Sleeping is usually not a problem because you'll be so tired at night. I walk to feel better like a 3 or 4 hour walk + I work 8 hours a day. Find someting to stay busy. Take up mall walking. Try a free trial week at a new gym.

Take lots of showers and try to look your best, if you look good you'll feel better.
  Eat! buy loys of  lean cusines get a gallon of skim milk. No one wants to cook/clean the house while going thru this.
Keep up the great work. I too had to quit for my baby. I did the fasresr possible ween down I could. Keeping in mind the blessing you are recieving is worth the disccomfort. I, like an *** went back on hydro after the baby and am 2 days off now. This sounds nuts, but what helps me is to put on earphones and blast lound music, the vibrarion helps that wretched pain in legs and back. blessings to you...
To add to GawFinesse comments: slowly reducing your intake works, thats how i did it and i also used mussle relaxers. There is no shame in telling your doctor. You also go into a 10 to 14 detox . Just me the pain does go away it takes about 7 days or so but it does go away. I had started using perks 3 times and quit again about a week ago and this time i will not go back. Once of them get lots of rest and keep as busy as you can, go for walks it helps.
Good Luck to all and do not be afraid to admit you need help. xoxo
I can relate to all of ya in another way but I have never taken any drugs before but my husband is addicted to pain pills and he is tearing our family apart we have 4 kids and I love my family do much but cannot live like this all the lies, sneaking around never no money and all the fighting I have done everything I can do to help but he gets defensive and I can't live with him on these pills so if you think ya have it rough which I'm sure you do think of what its doing to your family cause I think I'm loosing my kind and don't no what to do
I am so glad I found this forum. I have been feeling so alone and I know if I dont stop, I am going to lose my family. I have been using pain pills on and off for like 12 years now. I started right out of high school. At first, I never had an on-going prescription of my own (and yes I was completely off of them for awhile). But within the last 5 years, I have had both knees rebuilt and spinal surgery which did not correct the situation. I have massive knots that appear on my back and ive had a million spinal shots to try and help but nothing ever does. I get 224 perc 5s a month! And most of the time, if my bf does not hold them for me, I go through those within 2 weeks and sometimes its even been less. I have lied, drove a far distance, and bought pills. Everytime I tell myself that this is it and Im going to stop, once the withdrawals start, I get so scared or I cant handle them and I need to find them. Its horrible! I want my life back, my memory, my enjoyment. I dont wanna have to rely on this stupid pill to get me through the day. I keep telling myself how much I need them because I am still in pain... but isnt there something else that could help without the addicting qualities?  I soooo dont wanna go through the withdrawals and it really ***** because my daughter is 4, runs around everywhere, and I have so much to do.... and I cant be feeling like hell all day! Or sick for that matter. Not for 7 days straight. Not to mention, I hate the awful tingling head feeling you get once BAD withdrawal kicks in... and NO sleep... the constant tossing and turning and hurting.  I feel alone and I know my bf nor my mom understand just how it gets... no one does til they get there themselves.  I do a pill (snort) everytime I need to do something (i am supposed to take 8 a day) and it gives me energy and make me more social when I have to talk to ppl. I really dont know how I will feel once I CAN get off the pills. I know if I quit cold turkey and tough it out... then I will only be handed another bottle of 224 the next month and then what?  I know if I dont quit, I am going to lose everything that I care about and maybe even my life if I dont slow down.  :-(
This thread is from 2006.  You really should start a new one...
Yesterday was going to be the last day......but today I feel like **** nothing is the same.I used to smoke weed on the daily about 4 to 20 grams a day....now I'm not smoking as much but pills are getting a hold of me.........suites any one have some good advice for  me as in stopping this I'm trying to make a new life but I've never lived a sober one and I have no idea what Suber people do with there life's please help
Hey there bighead, post this on a new post, this one is old, so you may not get new answers.  There are plenty of ppl here with great advice, they just need to see your post.  This one started in 2006.

What pills are you taking and how many??  
2006?..this post is waaaaay too old.please remove
I am not posting this for my personal addiction, I am posting because I need help for my husband, he has been taking approx. 48 norco a day (sometimes more) for the last 2 years, He quit cold turkey, taking the last 2 about 30 hours ago. He has been literally BEGGING me to take him to the hospital so they can help him *feel better*, I know what that means, he wants them to give him some kind of narcotic, he has tried begging, crying and saying that if I love him I will take him.  This is the second time he has tried to quit, the first time he ended up in the hospital because he had tachycardia (his heart rate was more then 100 beats per min.), he stayed in the hospitals cardiac ward for about a week. My fear is that this could happen again.. I am at a loss of what I should do. Any info would be great.
thank you.
over the counter.I know potassium, zinc, and magnesium vitamins help plus benadryl at night to be able to sleep. all those help the cramps sweating and flu like sickness. now Zanax will definetly help to sleep but if you take it everyday you can get addicted too. taking a very low dosage of tramadol or ultram and trikle down on them is the best. thats how i got off them. but need strong will not take too many or youll fall back in the abyss
sent you a message.  I put here as well
Your post for help was missed as you posted on an oldish post that someone else started several years ago.  On any page on this forum (go to your post) and at the top is an orange ask a question button.  Post what you wrote and you will start a NEW thread that will be seen and not missed.  There is also another forum you might go to.  It for living with an addict...it is here

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Addiction-Living-with-an-Addict/show/1176?controller=forums&action=show&id=1176&camp=msc

works the same way use the orange button.  Good luck.
i was in your same situation. clean for only 9 days. was about to loose my husband and family. spending lots of money too. get into a inpatient detox facility. they detox you without any discomfort. every day is a struggle, but im determined to beat the devil!
I myself have been addicted to pain meds ( hydros, oxycontin perk's) all of it for 10 years i did 6 months in jail last year and a week after i got out i started again now i am trying to get whyn myself off of them i have only been back on them for 5 months all and it is the worst pain i have ever been in... my advice to you all it will take is you just taking one more and then that one more will turn into two more and then so on... if you are now over the physical pain dont take that one more please..... the emotional suffering will go away in time trust me i know just sit around and think about it!! Get up and do something find something you enjoy doing..if you have kids like i do focus on them and not the pain pills in the long run your life will be a whole lot better if you stay away from them!!!!! Me im still in the physical pain of it but i kno  we are strong enough to fight this.. Pray God will not let you down... just keep fighting
I have been taking Vicodin for about 4 years now and today is day 1 for me.  Like you all, i'm tired of pretending, trying to find them, afraid ill get tested at work and get fired...  It just add's to the depression.
I am ADHD with depression.  Paxil made me feel like I lived in a bubble.  I HATED IT.  I've been taking Prozac for a short time now and I love it!
I so tired of quitting and relapsing.  I'll be praying for all of us.
I'm 28 years old (male) I've been taking hydrocodone since 06 for a back injury & oxycodone from 07 till last September.  I had to stop taking the Oxys because I lost my health insurance & they were way to expensive.  Now i take the hydros.  With both perscriptions I used to take 310 a month (10-12) a day from 07-11 but now I just take 200 of the hydro.  Just coming off the 10/325 of the oxys was killer because they work a lot better than 7.5/500 of the hydros.  It was a little easier for me because I still had the hydro but I miss the oxys because of the wonderful high I got.

Usually at midnight I would take 4 & at 4 am take 4 more & by 5 or 6 am be so damn high it felt AMAZING!  But now with the hydros I usually have like 30 extra for the month since I take 6 a day out of the 200 so with those extra at night I take 4 & 2 hours later take 4 more.  It feels great but no where near as good as the oxys.  Sometimes I can go like 12 hours without taking one but by the end i start to get real ancy so I take one.

I've never really had suicidal thoughts before or depression but lately I've been thinking that I want to kill myself because I'm so lonely.  No job no girlfriend I live at home while all my other friends have normal lives & there own places.  Plus I'm ALWAYS broke.  Yeah I won 5 grand in the md lotto recently but it didn't last long.  I recently started a band as a Drummer I've been playing for about 11 years so hopefully that will get me out of my funk and not in the drug scene.  I've never done weed or smoke a cigarette (just the pills) & only cuz of my back/knee  injury.

I probably would have killed myself last year I put like 50 pills in my mouth & wanted to swallow so bad because I lost my job & all the rest of the stuff on top but I thought to myself I'll probably go to hell for doing so.  I'm not really a religious guy I mean I believe in God but I heard people believe if you kill yourself you go to hell so I thought is an eternity suffering in hell worth it to end my suffering in life?  So I spit the pills out & said I'll stick it out for another 50 years & go to heaven lol.  Like I said that's the only thing that stopped me.  Also I'm not very social anymore I sometimes don't step outside for a week just be in my room laying in bed watching tv & sometimes go a day withough eating & still not be hungry....

Most nights I still wish God would kill me maybe like I won't wake up or a semi truck would side swipe me while crossing an intersection or something like that.  Things probably won't get better for me, girls don't really like me to much yeah I'm friends with them but I feel if I asked one of them out they'd laugh or just say no to be nice.  It's been awhile since my last relationship.  Plus I don't have a whole lot of confidence I'm shy around girls.  I mean I have no problem taking to them but I could never ask a girl out.  The word no really scares me.  Plus I'm not an ahole & im one of the nicest person you'll ever meet & it seems like every girl I know is with an ahole or a jerk or a yo boy or something like that.  I couldn't compete with them.  Plus how in the hell is everyone hooking up?  Is there a secret club I don't know about?  Maybe bars but every time I see a girl in a bar she's with a guy!

Well that's about it for me.  Thanks for reading!
Thank you for your honesty.  I can empathize a great deal with you.  I know the only constant in life is change, and things will get better if you struggle through this -- even if it is a minute at a time.  There is a story that Carl Jung once had a patient come in and say, 'I have just been engaged and promoted at work'.  To which Jung replied, 'that is too bad, but with my help and that of your friends you will hopefully get through it'.  Another patient came in and said, 'I have just been fired and my wife ran off with her lover'.  Jung replied, 'Wonderful! Now something good will happen!'.

I hope you are now at the latter point and have either stabilized, or already started your climb.  Something wonderful WILL happen, just maybe not on our schedule.

Stay well, and know that you have helped me.
Hello to all my fellow Pill addicts!

I have been dealing with pain pill addiction on and off for 10 years now.
At first It was for  pain after a surgery and then for fun and NOW IM AN ADDICT and still have pain in my back after a motorcycle accident.

It's considered a disease. ADDICTION!
We need to start realizing that we are not getting any younger  and we are killing our nerves, liver, brains, and bodies.
I have attempted to get clean many times over and i'm right back where I started. Eating over 400 pill a month. When i get clean my back hurts so much I cant get out of bed. So I always start back up almost right away.

I have searched for places to talk about this addiction and this thread seems to be the biggest so far.

Besides for pilladdicts.com , they have some good info on there as well.

I wish everyone luck on here and I hope you wish the same to me.

Good Luck and GOD help us all!

Hello to all my fellow Pill addicts!

It's considered a disease. ADDICTION!

Good Luck and GOD help us all!

I so feel you. I have a 3yr old and I myself got hooked by having medical problem. Its been 2yrs and I took norco 10. It was as follow by my doctor. Then it was 8 a day it became my life. Now am slowly cutting down to 4 and its gone down as of today. But I still get all same feeling just not as bad. Have to say tonight is my first day with none am scared. But ready.
i agree i take tramadol and hydro 7.5 been out for 2 day's ready to go insane
I'm going through the exact samething as you guys it ***** and it's shameful to tell anyone. Pills own my life and everything seems so lame without them. Any updates from any of you guys and girls???? I would love to hear some follow up story's.
I'm 23 years old been taking Roxys for about a year! I started from one toothache and only took a quarter of one then I was up to about six or seven a day depending On how many I had! It's so sad I know I went 22 years not doing any drugs at all not even smoking a cigarette and recently I just had a beautiful baby girl so as I'm typing this exactly seven days ago I just quit! This is my seventh day clean and I'm still having major W/D I have about 7 hours of sleep in the seven days and I shake all night l shake all night long and get hold and cold sweats, sneeze, diarrhea and all but this is the first day I started feeling a lil but better besides no sleep! I'm praying for everyone on here and I hope y'all all find the strength to not go back to the horrible pills that brings you down and makes you feel like your on top! Your not its actually on your way to rock bottom I went there and I'm on my way up! Find something to push you to quit that's what I did and I'm doing it for my baby girl! Ps nothing works for the withdrawals to help you get through it! I have tried everything even the Thomas diet! Only time can heal this think before you take another one cause you would feel so much better with out I do! *HARDLIFE89
I'm 23 years old and got a toothache one night and that's where I begin getting addicted to Roxys! I worked all the way to taking about six or seven a day depending on how many I had! It's so sad I no I was 22 years clean and never even smoked a cigarette until a year ago! I was on Roxys for abt a year and seven days ago quit cold turkey! So today is day seven clean the withdrawals are the same as day one still and I can't sleep and shake all night diarrhea and cold and hot flashes very weak And can't really do much but I am a very strong willed person and I'm done and will make it! The main reason why is because I recently had a new baby girl she became my world so think before you take them please cause rock bottom is coming I got there but it was said cause I was high on pills and never even new! Find something or someone to push you to quit it helps my family is very much hear for me through this process! PS there is nothing that will help the withdrawals I have tried them all even the Thomas diet! The only thing that eased my crams is Imodium (immodium) AD but it don't even work no more so I'll be praying for everyone and I hope a few will pray for me!:) THANKS <3
just thought id drop you a line to help you all on your ****** journey ive been hooked to opiates more than once and have managed to beat them each time dont get me wrong it aint easy but i reckon you all know that already and just want to know if it will eventually go away and the short answer is yes by two weeks the majority of withdrawals will have gone and you can satrt getting things together again BUT your addiction NEVER goes away and can easliy appear if you let your guard down.

just know that if you tough it out you do get better and ill keep my fingers crossed for you all
Are you withdrawing under Dr's care?
I am so grateful to have found this forum!! I have been taking meds for soooo long now and taking more and more than prescribed to feel the numbness I need. I am quitting....cold turkey!! I need myself back :( I need to be a better mom and wife. Its been 2 days and my energy is non existant. How long til I get my energy and myself back? Im doing natural detox and walking treadmill for an hour to sweat it all out. Any more suggestions?
alot of "natural"fruit juices! no caffeine! an aspirin REALLY HELPS WITH THE PAIN,"JUST ONE!! LOL im doing the same thing right now"IT *****" MAN THIS HURTS!!LOL,,OH WELL! you almost got it whipped! 72 hrs is withdrawl (withdrawal) time pretty much,most of us "when you think about it" have had flus last longer,ya know? so thats kinda what im telling myself right now,,"i have the flu",,i hope this helps,i got hooked"AGAIN" after heart surgery almost 2 years ago,,chronic use of painkilles has been linked to hardening of the arteries and can kill you"as i found out" but here i am again tryin to kick it!! excuse me! goin to kick it,,like you are!   don
i took my last hydro 10/325 this morning. i am loosing my family if i haven't already. After 10 years of fighting this demon it's time to beat it. i have tried before with little success, after one or two days i have always took some to stop the withdrawing. it is the hardest thing i have ever done before, but i have to do this for me and my family. im going cold turkey, if i am able, i will try to post something everyday to help someone else if i can. atleast i will try to let you know how its going, they maybe some short post
I am freaking out so badly. I am going to be coming down off oxycodone which I have taken everyday for a month now(I usually use for about a month and then go through a couple ****** days where I take adderall (adderrall) because I don't wanna come down from oxy but ill take adderall (adderrall) for a week and then the pain pills are back) I wake up and have to have something to take and I always do . This past week and a half I have also started  smoking meth so now I take a 10mg oxy every morning and then in the late afternoon I smoke some meth and usually uppers give.me a jittery feeling, starving but can't eat and nothing sounds good at all , the feeling that you just wanna die but thats not an option and instead you hide for days and sleep and cry. Well doing oxy has made smoking meth a great high it has made me not feel all heeled out even though I'm up until 6am at the latest and out earliest by 3am, I would sleep all day if I could bit I can't so I wake up around noon to be to work by 3 I take half a pill then smoke a couple hits off the pip and take the other half of the oxy and shower and go to work for 8 hours. I stress everynight and cry because I am so scared I won't be able to function, go to work, or enjoy anything I'm just miserable and I smoke weed on a daily basis to help with my anxiety,or if I can't sleep I take ambien which I also in love with , but this is not how a 22yr old should be trying to get her life together and its hard for me to stop I don't have to pay for them, one of my family members and her significant other ask me for them and pay for mine all the time because its my hook up I'm not sure really they both have met the crazy lady that sells them, and its become a not good habit that my gg and dd have formed and I'm stopping I went out and had my last whoohoo and now I'm off for 3 days so I'm going to need some suggestions on what I should do to prepare for this withdrawal
I am bipolar and a manic depressed, I do take snit depressants and krill oil and a daily vitamin.....my body feels and looks like I'm dying I just need help on what to do to get sober

Hi helpme and welcome
I am not familiar with everything you are taking so you should really start your own thread and you will receive some support.

A lot of our members won't notice your post as it is so old.

Go to the top of the page and click on Post a Question and then type your story.
Good luck to you.  
There are so many people here that can help you through this.   You don't have to live like this anymore.  There is help out there.  :)

I agree- post a new thread and you'll probably get a lot more responses.
I have been taking narcotic pain meds for 13 years. Morphine,diladid,percocet....anything to kill my chronic pain symptoms. I have now been offf them for ! week. This has been such a trial to go through but it is worth it because I feel free again.The pills were my crutch and my enemy. I wont lie this is the hardeset thing ive ever gone through...I still crave and think of pills all the time but damnit im not gonna give in. If anyone out there needs support email me at ***@****
I have been abusing then for over twenty years..quit but always came back..i been sober off booze for over 9 mos but these things got a hold of me so bad I feel like I will die without then..i have with speed an cigarettes an this hands down.is the hardest. I am 43 an problem is I like them an want to take them forever but I know its wrong. They were like an anti depressant to me but now I can't even feel them. I feel  sick before I get high..i feel like I'm withdrawling even when I.have the damn.things.i have high blood pressure an I don't want.a dr knowing my business..i got to get healthy this yr or I doubt I will be around for next
i have been on sixty mg oxys for eight yrs know i am startin in the mornin only takin forty five mg a day i was told hr body dont k,ow the amount ur vettin it just knows u r so will i b able to quit like that
man I'm even more nervous about stopping now. I'm like all of u. my life is a big lie. I have chrons disease and that's how I started. I get 150 percent 10z every 3 weeks. I eat them up in a week then ihave to buy them. maybe I cut back and slowly but surely get off of them!
I have never been prescribed painkiller. I get them from people I know. I was clean a year and I started doing them again. It started small but my tolerance built up rather heavily. I take oxy "OP" the kind you can't sniff. Every now and them I find the 30s you can snort. I take 20s, 30s, 40s, 60s, or 80s. I am scared because I have such a high tolerance one 80 doesn't affect me hardly anymore, it's about enough to hold off withdraw. I have to have at least 140-to 160 mg to feel anything. I have to take over 200 at one time to get high. I am seriously concerned because it seems like I am just draining myself physically, mentally, and financially. I want to stop but I never make it more than a few days. I can't remembered the last time I went an entire week without something. If anyone is reading this I strongly urge you to quite as soon as you can. It's not to late to me but it's cost me tens of thousands of dollars, my relationship, and I am in college and it has set me back alot due to bad attendance and I have failed some classes in the past and have to retake them. Stop before it's to late, in the end you will just be broke and alone. I have fought off depression and suicide and found reasons to live. I dont want to die, I have a great family and a lot to live for. I hope I can quite and make it through this, I have tried exercise, over the counter cold medicine or pain meds (like tyenol) they seem to help a little, sudafed taken as the recommended dosage helped me through a few days and eased my withdraw symptoms. I sleep way to much, I feel like it's a side effect of the withdraw. I will sleep 10,12, 14, 16 hours at a time, one day I slept off and on for a total of 20 hours. I was awake 4 hours and slept almost 20 (slept 14 hours, woke up for 2 hours, fell asleep for another 6 hours, and woke up for another 2 hours before going to sleep again for the night of a different day. I've been worried about the overstepping, I have no energy or motivation when I don't have any meds. Is there a way to get over the sleeping issue? I just want to be normal again and sleek 8 hours a day, have energy to do things, not feel down/depressed, not think about pills, save my money for better things, be my old self again, and live a normal productive life. I am looking into the website: www.turntohelp.com now to try and find ways to get help. I don't want to be admitted to rehab, I need to maintain my normal life while getting the treatment I need to quite opioid once and for all. If anyone has any useful advice or info/ resources they can share with me please let me know. Thank you and good luck to anyone out there who is in a similar situation. God bless you and may we all find the ways and the will/strength to take our lives back....
My heart goes out to all of you. People dont have a good understanding of what your going through. Please be brave and know my prayers are with you. I have a son that is about to try and quit. I dont know how much he is taking but I found 3 of the little white 319 pills in his room tonight and they led me to this site. He was on oxy and I think heroin for about a year. When I found out I tried to open the door rather then close it. recently he is admiting he cant manage his adiction (addiction) and needs to stop. In the last few months we have been talking alot and he has gone through withdrawals (non voluntarily) a few times for a couple days at a time. He tried a suboxane treatment program but couldnt continue because he had other drugs in his system. He has been getting suboxone off the street and has not wanted to quit because he didnt want to get fired from his job. I told him if he quit work I would support him while he goes through withdrawels. He has agreed but I am affraid he will cheat himself and take stuff for the withdrawals. Im not sure what to do or how to help him. Any suggestions are appreciated. So you know , Im very proud of him for telling me about his problems and confiding in me because he is very proud and I dont think any less of him. I will do what I have to to help him even if it means being mean but I am affraid of where the line is between being supportive and making it worse or so unbearable he goes back.   Your all much braver then you think and stronger, even though you may feel weak now your not really you just think you are. Think of what people have survived and tell yourself its not you thats the problem its the drug and the addiction.
i have been taking opiods(loratabs and percs) for my back pain, and they threw me into deep depression and anxiety issues, i have stopped taking them and i got through the physical side effects, but the mental ones are taking a huge toll on my life and i know it is affecting my kids. I have no motivations, and every little ting i do feels so hard, i worry about everything, i lay in bed, i cry, im so lost, is there a natural way to feel better, im so scared, i just want to get my old self back, if you have any information that could help me i would greatly appreciate it
I need help ive been on them for about eight years now  and at least 4 strong 30mg is only barely enough to feel anything    im tired of these things running my life what can I do
My mom takes pain pills and has been taking them for years over 16 years. Well last night I walked in her room cause I heard her talking to someone No one was there she is talking about stuff that's off the wall. She hasn't had her pain pills in over a week. Could this be from withdraws? Please someone help me I am worried about her.
I need advice about my norco addiction please ):
I love everyone on here. I can relate cause of my norco addiction so I will right my story later. I hate these pills they have taken my life
NinerRider, please go to the top of the page and post a question. This thread was started years ago and may be overlooked. You will find lots of advice here. I look forward to seeing your new post. Best wishes!
I found out yesterday that my husband of 14 years is addicted to pain meds.  I noticed a lot a withdrawals from my bank account and when I confronted him he was very aggressive about it.  He said he does not have a problem so today I closed the account and did not give him access to any money and he is getting sick....I guess its already withdrawals.  What can I do to help him???