24 hour urine cortisol test
Hello!

My blood cortisol level is high.  My doctor ordered a 24 hour urine test.  I am currently taking fluconazole tablets & miconozole cream for a yeast infection.  Also, I used topical cortisone cream on my face yesterday.  I plan to collect the urine tomorrow.  Does anyone know if this will interfere with the results?  I was given no guidance or instructions from the nurse or the lab.

Thank you!!
The cortisol cream will for sure. Make sure that you don't use the cream at all as any on your fingers can transfer (and even if you wash really well, it may still tranfer) and the test may show super duper high!

Some yeast medications can lower cortisol. I would wait until you are over all the creams and medications. Even though those are not the ones used, I would still wait.

I had Cushing's disease myself - I did this test many times. I typically did the test when I felt better, not lousy. In the case if your cortisol goes up and down, one typically feels worse when cortisol is lower as the body is unhappy with the anti-inflammatory action of the cortisol taken away. I hope your doctor does several rounds of testing and that you get copies of everything.