Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Thyroid meds/Adrenal meds
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thyroid meds/Adrenal meds

Can't run individual page searches now...I have to take thyroid med twice a day and supposed to take HC twice a day and told to with food. Just wondering how the hell to do this and take both when i need to. BTW, Rumpled...I am attempting to get those other things tested before starting the HC, just trying to prepare :) You'd think my doctor would help me out on this. Thanks!
Blank
657231 tn?1453836403
Talk to a pharmacist and/or your doc. I make up a list that has all my meds with why, how much, when I take, who prescribes, my allergies at top, my surgeries, and carry that around. It helps when I have to make changes, ask questions or see a new doctor or get a new med and how to fit it in.

The label on the HC does say to take with food - but that is for larger doses, not replacement doses. So with the smaller doses one takes to replace, not larger ones for immuno-suppressive type things, it is ok without food.

I set out my meds in those 7 day a week, 4 time a day things and that helps me comply, even if I don't follow the times on the compartments.
657231 tn?1453836403
Talk to a pharmacist and/or your doc. I make up a list that has all my meds with why, how much, when I take, who prescribes, my allergies at top, my surgeries, and carry that around. It helps when I have to make changes, ask questions or see a new doctor or get a new med and how to fit it in.

The label on the HC does say to take with food - but that is for larger doses, not replacement doses. So with the smaller doses one takes to replace, not larger ones for immuno-suppressive type things, it is ok without food.

I set out my meds in those 7 day a week, 4 time a day things and that helps me comply, even if I don't follow the times on the compartments.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
Ladytruth01 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Apr 24
363281 tn?1353103243
Blank
SassyLassie commented on I had no idea there w...
Apr 09
Blank
Candace8475 commented on I had no idea there w...
Apr 08
Top Thyroid Answerers
Blank
MI
657231 tn?1453836403
Blank
Northern, NJ
Adrenal Insufficiency Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...