Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Thyroid meds/Adrenal meds

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Thyroid meds/Adrenal meds

Can't run individual page searches now...I have to take thyroid med twice a day and supposed to take HC twice a day and told to with food. Just wondering how the hell to do this and take both when i need to. BTW, Rumpled...I am attempting to get those other things tested before starting the HC, just trying to prepare :) You'd think my doctor would help me out on this. Thanks!
Talk to a pharmacist and/or your doc. I make up a list that has all my meds with why, how much, when I take, who prescribes, my allergies at top, my surgeries, and carry that around. It helps when I have to make changes, ask questions or see a new doctor or get a new med and how to fit it in.

The label on the HC does say to take with food - but that is for larger doses, not replacement doses. So with the smaller doses one takes to replace, not larger ones for immuno-suppressive type things, it is ok without food.

I set out my meds in those 7 day a week, 4 time a day things and that helps me comply, even if I don't follow the times on the compartments.

dominosarah commented on photo
Barb135 commented on photo
mcorrell98 commented on photo