Allergy Community
Allergic to blood draw?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Allergic to blood draw?

I've gotten a reaction to something for the last 10 years that I haven't been able to figure out.  I've had allergy testing and so far am not allergic to anything.  However, I just realized that I tend to get this reaction after being in medical facilities (hospitals/labs).  Two days ago I had lab work (urine, blood and chest xray) and today my lips are feeling like they're beginning to swell, feel tight and and itch.  Usually this will progress to cracked, swollen and sometimes there's clear/yellowish discharge.  I was given a paper type of bandage over gauze.  Originally I thought it was an allergy to strawberries but testing and also eating fresh strawberries shows no allergy.  This is the first time I'm able to minimize my contact to something that I've done in the past when this happened. I hope someone can help me figure this out.  Thanks for your time!
you could try a biomeridian "doctor" they can test more things non-invasively then an allergist and the results will be really close to a traditional allergy testing!! ((I know this because I paid for all this allergy testing and THEN went to the bio doctor whose results were parallel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was so mad!!
You do have to go to a trusted and well educated bio but, it's worth it!!  they can test chemicals, foods, additives - anything!  have you been tested for latex allergy?  that's a thought too....

Keep us posted!