Allergy Community
Can car tires send off toxins to cause headaches?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I work at a car dealership where a lot of new car tires are stored inside, near offices.
I go home and have been told that I smell like tires, by different people, many times.
I also suffer from severe headaches while at work, and other coworkers do as well.
Is it possible that this could be polluting our work enviroment, and effecting our health?

I figure if it is bad enough for other people to still smell it on me, hours after leaving work, it very well could be the cause of the headaches.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Unless studies are done to correlate headaches with the fumes from the tyres, it is difficult to comment. But burning of tyres is known  to cause emission of toxic substances into the environment.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.