Allergy Community
Cyclosporine to treat severe food allergies?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Is this a good idea?  My son has IgE levels 20,000 up to 50,000 but not Job's Syndrome.  The biggest culprit are eggs and 3 times worse for egg whites.  MMR vaccine and Chicken Pox Vaccine are made with eggs which my son had.  Hmmmm?  There is very little known about why children can have such high IgE and no disease.  One of the warnings of Cyclosporine is it can cause cancer especially in children with a weak immune system like my son.  I do not want my child to be the research test.  I am sitting here staring at a prescription I just picked up for my son.  We will just strictly avoid all of the things he is allergic to for the time being.