Allergy Community
Hair Dye Reaction - help im panicking!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Hair Dye Reaction - help im panicking!!

I attempted to dye my hair 2 hours ago, as soon as i put the product on my head felt like it was on fire, so i immediately washed it out, it was on my hair approx 5 minutes
I felt hot and sweaty and thought my face looked blotchy but this might have been as it was a hot day?
I suffer from anxiety and since this happened i have been in  a state of panic thinking that i had a reaction and i may drop dead from it.
The product i used was loreal preference, black, and when i looked online to see what symptoms there is for a reaction my brand was at the top for causing reactions and one woman fell into a coma after using it on her hair.
This is what i am afraid of.
can someone help me please
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

To begin with take a deep breath and relax. Nothing is as frightening or as difficult as it appears to be. Take antihistamines like chlopheneramine and lovatidine to counter the allergic reactions. I would suggest you obtain a referral to an allergist or an ENT who does allergy testing.  That is the only way to reliably know what is causing your allergic reaction.  Some allergies can be life-threatening as they can precipitate anaphylactic shock in which the swelling can be so severe that it impairs the ability to breathe.  Therefore, I would suggest you see someone as soon as possible.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.