Allergy Community
I have a black rash type of thing on my leg and it formed over night

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Alright, well yesterday I was picking red rasberries (as many people do this time of year) in my field here at home. As I was leaving the field in the car. I noticed a small area on my leg that was a very small bit raised from the surface, and was the color of a very light or a lilac color of purple. So, I got home and went in the bathroom, put my leg over the tub, and poured rubbing alcohol all over the light purple area. Then later that night (about 4 hours later..) the color of it seemed to get darker. So I applied so Ivarest and went to bed. I woke up this morning to see that it had turned completely pitch black. I cannot tell what this is for I have never had this before. It does not itch or bother me at all. I don't know if I had went through some kind of poisonous plant or got bitten by some kind of insect. I would realy appreciate it if you could help. ( Because I am a little concerned!:-( )
    Thanks!
-5 Comments Post a Comment
Avatar n tn
You people are not helpful!
Avatar n tn
What about a spider bite? It sounds like a bite. Sorry. That's the best I could do. Maybe you grazed the surface of your skin and it's a blood blister type reaction?
Avatar n tn
thank you. for your help.
I went to the doctor, and he had no clue what it was.
I went to another doctor, and she also had no clue what it could be.
*not a blood blister though.

Hi this could be an insect bite, dermatitis, eczema or allergic hypersensitivity to some unknown substance.

You should take antihistamine medications like loratadine or cetrizine and review with your skin specialist about the persistent symptoms.

You should try to keep the area dry and clean. Apply calamine lotion at the sites. Wash the sites with fresh water several times daily.

Let us know if you have any doubts and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.