Allergy Community
Itchy red blotches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Itchy red blotches

I am not sure if it is an isect bite but when I take a shower these red blotchy bites show up like little white spots with red surrounding it. It itches like crazy but only after I take a shower. It started as one then now I have over twenty spots. I was thinking it was just a flea or mosquito bite but after looking at other forums I am confused...please help!
-5 Comments Post a Comment
I'm 13, and whenever take a shower I get red spots all over my back and chest.

They itch like crazy and have only been getting worse? Could this be like what you have? I get about 20 now, but it started as a few.

My doctor diagnosed me with psoriasis on my neck a few months ago, and I was wondering if this could be related?

This could be dermatitis or eczema.

Are you allergic to any specific substances?

It would be best to apply calamine lotion at the sites, take oral antihistamine medications and consult a skin specialist for your symptoms.

Does changing the water source help with your symptoms?

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Post us about what your skin specialist advises.

Regards.

Went to the doctor, and was told that this has nothing to do with psoriasis. Was also told I could be having an allergic reaction to the soap I use.

But I don't use the same soap everytime. And I don't even use soap or shampoo or anythin when I take a bath and still get them.

And I got them two days ago at the waterpark, and again when we were on a boat and I was dry/wearing a lifevest.

Please help.

It would help to consult a skin specialist to come to a definite diagnosis as nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions.

Psoriasis is generally a disease of the skin and leads to development of patches of well defined scaly, flaky areas on the skin. Areas involved usually are knees, elbows, shin and extensor portions of the body.

It has a genetic and immune component related. It is not contagious.

More information on Psoriasis may be found at :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psoriasis

and

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/psoriasis/article_em.htm

Let us know if you need any further information.

Regards