Allergy Community
NSAIDS Allergy - Medic-alert?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

NSAIDS Allergy - Medic-alert?

About three years ago I developed an allergy to Aspirin and Ibuprofen. (I do not have asthma)

While I've never experienced anaphylaxis, the symptoms I experience can be pretty severe: Itching and tenderness of my face, nose, mouth and throat, nasal congestion, and wheezing and difficulty breathing. My friends were ready to take me to the hospital on a few occasions.

My question: Should I consider getting a medic-alert bracelet? I'm concerned about my allergy getting worse or ending up in a situation where I might be treated with a NSAID without the ability to communicate my allergy.

I've found one or two sources that recommend it, but for the most part it isn't mentioned other than avoidance of medications containing NSAIDS. I don't want to get one if I really don't need it.

Thanks in advance.