Allergy Community
New allergy after eating a peach

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

New allergy after eating a peach

The question and answer I would like to ask is how this problem arises and how I can fix it.

What happened was when I was around 12 years old, I took a trip to China and being in that country, there were lots of amazing fruits. One time, we bought these huge and juicy peaches, so I ate some and so did my parents and my brother. My parents and brother did not have any allergic reaction to the peach, but I did. My throat began to itch and feel very coarse. It began to hurt in a sense and the only thing I could do is drink water. Prior to this experience, I didn't have any allergic reaction to peach. My family has a peach tree and I consume many of them per year. After this incidence, I can no longer each any peaches (except for canned peaches). Why does my body reject peaches now? Is there a way to fix this problem?

Another question I also must ask that seems to be similar to this situation. My younger brother was never allergic to pollen. He is a year younger than I am. Around 8 years ago, I had some roses at hand and I stuck it near his nose so that he could smell the fragrance. From that day on, he developed a pollen allergy.

Is there a way to remedy this problem? why does the problem occur like it does.
Don't eat peaches and stop making your brother smell the roses. Sorry I couldn't resist.  Anyway about allergies, they are known to pop up at anytime and sometimes do change every 7 years.  There might have been some additive to the chinese peaches like furtilizer or bug spray that started your allergy to peaches. I wouldn't take the chance on trying to eat peaches again unless you are already in the E.R. Same with the roses for your brother. Something in your bodies chemistry must have changed. Have you tried a pealed peach? If you haven't don't do it just because I asked if you did. I was just wondering if it was just the skin that you were allergic to. Your brother can take an anti-histimine if he feel the need to smell roses or if he has to be around them.  Benadryl, Claritin or the store brands of these should be good. Have him check with the RX first if he takes any other medicines just to be sure it is safe to mix them. Other than that I can't see a big reason to take this problem to a doctor, he would say to avoid the items you are allergic to.  Sorry, I know fresh peaches are better than canned and you probably miss eating them. Thank God it wasn't a worse reaction though.