Allergy Community
Persistent cough and sneezing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Persistent cough and sneezing

I wonder if anyone can help? I have had a cough (with plegm) every morning for about 3 months. I get blocked nose in the morning and lots of sneezing.  the blocked nose disappears during the morning and the sneezing levels drop, although don't disappear through my day at work (in an office, non air conditioned) Similarly, the coughing levels drop, until around 7 in the evening, when the sneezing and coughing starts again, regardless of where I am.

I went to the GP who gave me anitbiotics. She checked my chest and said it was clear. I had no sinus pain or swelling.  It got better, although didn;t cealr completely, but that was a month ago and it is still hanging on in there.

Help!

This discussion is related to Coughing up Phlegm on a daily basis.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? This could be an allergic rhinitis which is a collection of symptoms, mostly in the nose and eyes, which occur when you breathe in something you are allergic to. This may present with itchy nose, sneezing , runny nose,  tearing eyes, nasal congestion,  and even headache.  Over-the-counter antihistamine and decongestant medications may also help. Have this evaluated further by your doctor for proper management. Your medical history and physical examination will help. It is important that you avoid what causes these symptoms. Take care and best regards.