Possible allergic rash?
Hi, there. For almost a month now, I've had some bumps near my nose. It started out as one bump, grew to several, then more. It now covers about the area of a dime. I thought it was a cold sore for a while and used Carmex and tea bags to try and help it along. It did help, but it hasn't gone away. I bought another cold sore treatment which initially helped and reduced redness, but now the area is flaky, itchy, and very red.

I'm starting to think it's maybe an allergic reaction or rash or something. I mean, the bumps have a white scab-ish thing over them, and have for awhile, which I think is similar to a cold sore, but I think if it were a cold sore, it would have gone away by now. (I've had this since a couple days before Halloween.)

I'm going to get it checked out on Sunday, but does anyone have any idea what it could be? It's highly embarrassing, and I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to help it along in the meantime.

Thanks for your time,

- Jessie
Hi Jessie,
How are you? Were you able to see your doctor? Allergic reaction or irritation is likely if there has been exposure to irritant or new substances during the start of the skin lesion. Aside from cold sore, this could also be due to fungal infection or skin conditions such as eczema or dermatitis. Direct clinical examination and your medical history are  important considerations in determining the underlying cause. Take care and do keep us posted.