Quit Smoking and Got Hives
Hey guys i quit smoking 4 weeks ago and ever since I have been getting outbreaks of tiny hives every morning and night and a few throughout the day. I am not allergic to anything that i know of and if i am i have not been exposed to anything different. The only change is me not smoking. Does this sound crazy? Like is it possible that quitting smoking to make myself healthy has in turn made me sick? I have been losing a lot of sleep and have been driven crazy with an itch that wont go away!!! The worst part is the temptation to start smoking again, knowing that smoking will fix the problem. How long is this going to last or is it forever and can I do anything besides smoke to help the problem.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Are you on any medication/aids to help with smoking cessation? If so then this could trigger an allergic response. Otherwise giving up smoking will not trigger any allergic rashes. It could be a coincidence. Check to see if food or atmospheric changes are triggering your symptoms. Maintain a diary and note down and monitor your symptoms. This may help to narrow down the search.
The diagnosis of allergy is difficult to prove or refute. Clinical suspicion and trial of elimination diets are used. An allergy specialist might be able to help you. In the meantime for relief from your symptoms you could use OTC antihistamines.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.