Allergy Community
Reaction from Synvisc/Chemical Sensitivity

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I have a knee problem that needs surgery.  Because I have MS, the doctor chose to do Prednisone injections and then ordered a drug called "Synvisc".  I received 3 injections in the knee over a 3 week period.  After the first injection, I started to smell a chemical smell (petroleum fumes).  I didn't relate to it to the shots until after the 3rd one.....and after we had to remove a gas fireplace and tear the house apart because of the fumes.  The smell is getting worse especially after they did allergy testing with phenol.  I have no relief from my nose burning, coughing, migraine headaches, and this terrible chemical odor. I am especially allergic to gas fumes, ink, plastics, etc.  Any ideas?
I see you posted this quit some time ago and I am wondering how you are doing?  I am allergic to formaldehyde and other chemicals.  I had a shot of sysvisc and started breaking out that afternoon.  I did not go back for the other 2 shots.  I am in need of a knee replacement and am very nervous due to my allergies so I am wondering what happened to you.  I hope you are well and things are better!!

skyyblues