Reaction from Synvisc/Chemical Sensitivity
I have a knee problem that needs surgery.  Because I have MS, the doctor chose to do Prednisone injections and then ordered a drug called "Synvisc".  I received 3 injections in the knee over a 3 week period.  After the first injection, I started to smell a chemical smell (petroleum fumes).  I didn't relate to it to the shots until after the 3rd one.....and after we had to remove a gas fireplace and tear the house apart because of the fumes.  The smell is getting worse especially after they did allergy testing with phenol.  I have no relief from my nose burning, coughing, migraine headaches, and this terrible chemical odor. I am especially allergic to gas fumes, ink, plastics, etc.  Any ideas?
I see you posted this quit some time ago and I am wondering how you are doing?  I am allergic to formaldehyde and other chemicals.  I had a shot of sysvisc and started breaking out that afternoon.  I did not go back for the other 2 shots.  I am in need of a knee replacement and am very nervous due to my allergies so I am wondering what happened to you.  I hope you are well and things are better!!

skyyblues