Allergy Community
Recurring fever
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Recurring fever

For the past 3 or so weeks I have had a recurring fever. It seems to come every few days, at random times and lasts a few hours then disappears. I get goosebumps and feel freezing, often shivery and my skin feels warm to touch but I've never actually tested my temperature because I don't have a thermometer. I've also noticed that a long-ago allergy has resurfaced (skin around eyes -eyelids mainly- and lips swell and get really itchy and then go red and dry) and I'm wondering if it might be related?

An immunologist and my GP couldn't figure out what my allergy was (apart from my immunologist insisting it was contact dermatitis) when it first happened in 2011 and all they could do was put me on a never-ending cycle of high-dose Prednisone which caused many other problems. The 'allergy' appeared out of the blue, lasted a year or so and disappeared just as suddenly and has recurred twice for a period of perhaps a month at a time since but has been easily managed with short bouts of Prednisone. I haven't taken any Prednisone for this bout but have been trying to use topical corticosteroids instead with slight success.

I'm more worried about the fever than the allergy as the allergy is somewhat normal and I'm used to it but the fever is really bugging me. Any ideas what could be causing it?
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank