Red, itchy, flakey eyelids
About 2 months ago I began getting redness on my eyelids. It slowly continued to worsen. Not only was it red, but it started to get flakey and extremely itchy. Now it has taken over my entire eyelid. I'm unsure about what to do and everyone tells me something different. Nothing seems to work and I do not have insurance to cover a doctor's visit. My thought was it was allergies and I should keep putting allergy eye drops into my eyes to keep them clear, but that does nothing for the outter area. It continues to bother me and I was wondering if there was something that I could be putting on it. I have been putting vasaline on it to keep it from flaking everywhere. Maybe it could be something else, but I need a better opinion that just someone who has a guess about it. Thank You.
It most likely is allergies, but to products that are touching that area of your skin. I have had this problem but without knowing what you are allergic to it is hard to find out which product specifically has caused the problem try to think about when it started and whether at that time you started using a new shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser, make up etc. the problem is that until your eyelids get better you are not going to even be able to use a product  you are not allergic to because the skin is broken. For the moment take a couple of antihistamines, a pharmacist should be able to help you pick one for skin allergies, and don't let any soap etc touch your eyelids. If you can't go to the doctor to get quartezone(spelling?) cream then perhaps try sorbolene or vitamin E cream until it gets better. After that, switch to hypo allergenic products to stop it from coming back.