Allergy Community
Skin reaction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Skin reaction

I have been treated for 6 months for alleged eczma (eczema), creams and steroids.  Couls this really be a skin reaction to hypertension driugs?  I take daily Irbesartan,Slozem & Moxondine + 75mg Asprin. The skin never improves but breaks out in small patches, raised and red.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Its difficult to tell what exactly is the trigger for allergic reactions. If the eczema symptoms started on initiation of antihypertensive therapy then they could be the allergic triggers. Sometimes sweat, changes in temperature and psychological stress are known to trigger these episodes. So, the best way to prevent attacks is to identify those substances which you are allergic to and avoid them. Allergy testing would be worth looking into. And treatment is with cortisone based creams, which need to be very potent and of increased strength to heal the lesions.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.