Small, itchy bumps on skin
My daughter had had a runny nose and a cough all winter.  She is currently on Singular prescribed for her from her visit to the doctor for the flu about 3 weeks ago but it has not cleared her nose.  She occassionally will develop a very small flesh colored bump on her skin that itches.  Normally it is only one but 2 days ago she developed several; on her arms, legs and torso.  She even complained of one on her scalp.  We tried hydrocortozone cream and last night I gave her a bath in baking soda and gave her a dose of Benadryl.  What is causing the bumps and how can I treat them?
     Itchy bumps on the skin after or during an attack of cold could be due to allergy either to change in the environment or to use of singulair. Usually hives or wheals or urticaria occurs due to unknown reason, but in certain cases allergy plays the role.
Treatment comprises of antihistamines like cetrizine and for itching benadryl helps. If there severe reaction then epinephrine, corticosteroids oral and topical can be employed under medical supervision. Hope this helps. Best.